deank, can I update the Multiman copying files .pkg by FTP to any folder on PS3, not from USB-flesh or internet connection ?
Ok... here is the test version of multiMAN + LAST_GAME application. Install both and test it.
There is a problem (of course) because PS3 won't update its internal cache when a PARAM.SFO is changed, which causes troubles.
So, how it works:
1) You start a game from multiMAN
2) File is created for LAST_GAME application
3) Depending on "Launch directly without going to XMB?" question result, the LAST_GAME will be set accordingly.
4) The next time you reboot your PS3 you can launch the last game played from an icon on the XMB. If the game was set for "direct boot" (in step 3) it will start directly, otherwise it will mount to /dev_bdvd and /app_home and the app will exit. Then you must start your game from /app_home or from a disc.
5) The 'last game' app will get the original param.sfo (+some changes) and original game background pictures (pic0/pic1/icon0/icon0.pam) + the animated icon.
6) If you launch the 'last played game' application and the path to the game is not available (for example when you used a game from USB drive and it is not connected), the app will exit and restore its icons and param.sfo.
p.s. Parsing between multiMAN and 'last-game' app is done via simple text file:
SELF=<full path to EBOOT.BIN>
PATH=<full path to game folder>
USBP=<0 - disable usb patch mode, 1 - enable patch mode>
BOOT=<0 - mount the game and exit to XMB, 1 - mount and start the game, without going to XMB>
Everytime I download an updated version and choose to download it to the USB drive it locks up my PS3. Is this a bug in the application download or my PS3?
It locks up where it says "Quit to XMB now". "No" stays highlighted but I can't select it or move to 'Yes' either. It just freezes/locks up. This has been the case for a good while on me with updating versions. I have to force a restart of the PS3. Thanks!
Do you use PL3 payload?
And (I asked last week) do you still have problems with L/R sticks in file manager mode?