The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
FTP pkg files instead of USB?
FTP pkg files instead of USB? –
Considering how multiman updates are done, where the pkg is downloaded, then apears in install new pkg files in xmb, is it possible to ftp your own pkg files somewhere into multiman and have them show up in xmb? If not, how hard would it be to implement? That would help me out a lot. Thanks!
I see this has gotten quite a few views in a very short time, so to everyone looking, here is the answer.
Credit for this explanation goes to Nawzad40, who answered this in the top multiman post.
Tested and working
1) FTP your package to /dev_hdd0/game/BLES80608/USRDIR/PKG/
2) Open file manager in multiman, and navigate to the above location
3) Find your pkg file (it is red) mouseover, and press X
4) It will ask you if you would like to quit to XMB to install the pkg, select yes
5) Navigate to install pkg files, and there it is! Install as normal!
On multiman, If you end up going to /dev_hdd0/game/BLES80608/USRDIR/PKG/ and when you enter/USRDIR you can't find the PKG file.
Then you go to /dev_hdd0/PKG and drop your pkg files in there. Then go to install package files inside on multiman! And there they are. :b