The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Post By corpse101
OFW 3.41 -> OFW 3.55 -> rebug 4.21
OFW 3.41 -> OFW 3.55 -> rebug 4.21 –
i was on Ofw 3.41 then wanted to JB my ps3 so went to Ofw 3.55 then directly to Rebug 4.21 then tried to install QA but gave me 80010017 error when i tried to open it even tho i can see debug setting under network setting and every thing workds fine except for showtime maybe that gives the same error when i try to run it from XMB Screen
question do i need to QA flag my ps3 or not necessary and in case i need to go back to 3.55 OFW or CFW can i just use rebug 999 downgrade or my console might get bricked
thanks in advance
1) QA can only be installed on 3.55 CFW. it needs to be installed before you upgrade to 4.21/4.30 CFW
2) I believe Rebug already has the QA features, so it is not really needed separately.
3) QA is not necessary during use, it just is a safety precaution during upgrades/downgrades. Not much you can do now, other than hope it doesn't affect you if you need to downgrade back to 3.55. If you followed the directions exactly you would have done 3.41 > 3.55 CFW > QA toggle > 4.21/4.30 CFW (Rebug in your case)
4) To downgrade Goto recovery menu, install 999 downgrader pup, then go to recover install rebug 3.55.3 pup > then you are on 3.55 CFW and you can go anywhere from there. Another 3.55 CFW, OFW, or QA toggle then upgrade to 4.21/4.30 CFW
thank you so much for your help
I am on the same situation as the OP,E3SNAKE, on OFW 3.41 with Jailbreak (P3-Go GT USB dongle). Haven't turned the PS3 since the Geoshot's jailbreak era. I am those people who prefer to read before asking, so i read through 4 nights of psx-scene forum -> jailbreak discussion threads to get a better understanding of what the current "ps3 mod/homebrew/jailbreak" is. Finally, after pages and pages of thread, I came across this thread with the simplest instructions.
I am not able to find answers for the following,
1) would i need to install OFW 3.55 or go straight to either CFW 3.55 or rebug 3.55.4 -> QA flag - > 4.30.1 Rebug or Rogero 4.30 2.05?
2) not sure if this a stupid question but, would i be able to downgrade back to OFW 3.41 in the future? I can't find any information on OFW 3.41, but everywhere talks about OFW 3.55.
Thanks in advance to those who are able to answer these questions for me.
1) Originally I always went the route of going to 3.55 OFW first, but I recently installed Rebug 3.55.4 on a 3.15 OFW console through XMB without a problem. Then I turned QA on with Rebug Toolbox and installed 4.30.1 Rebug, through XMB again.
Originally Posted by vfdfs2
2) As for downgrading I believe it should be possible through the recovery menu if you have QA enabled, however I have never done this and cannot speak from experience.
Thank you for the information. I am finally ready for the ultimate update from OFW 3.41.
Originally Posted by qwillis