The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Post By theboss235
Hpw can i play ps2 games(discs) on my ps3 slim 250gb running on rebug 4.30.1?
Hpw can i play ps2 games(discs) on my ps3 slim 250gb running on rebug 4.30.1? –
i have a 250gb ps3 slim running 4.30.1 rebug. i never tried playing a ps2 game before in it, so need help on doing so
You can't... On 4.21rex there's a way but even then most games don't even boot and the best performance you'll get is around 5-10 fps with freezing and shutdowns...it'll look like a slow motion slide show. The slim and some fats lack the hardware to run ps2 games. If you want retail ps2 games running on your ps3 its the 20 gb fat, the 60 gb, and the older 80 gb.
How about running PS2 backups through multiman on a PS3 fat 60GB? I am on 4.21.2 REX.
1. Grab latest FULL Multiman and install (v4.20.00) http://psx-scene.com/forums/content/...released-3012/
Originally Posted by pratik23
2. Grab latest BASE multiman and install (v4.40.00) [search MULTIMAN in google]
This is where it gets confusing but its not too bad.
3. Once you have the latest multiman you need to get reActPSN installed and PS2 Classics placeholder setup.
Follow this guide http://psx-scene.com/forums/content/...aincps-x-3130/
(If you dont want to use the PC tools just follow this section ":: INSTALLING AND ACTIVATING THE PS2 CLASSIC PLACEHOLDER" of the guide)
There is a way to use multiman to convert a PS2 Disk/ISO to a PS2 Classic automatically.
4. Insert PS2 disk into the PS3 DVD drive OR make a PS2ISO folder on /dev_hdd0 and then put unconverted PS2 ISOs into that folder.
Should look like this /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[SCUS-#####] xGAME NAMEx (replace pound signs with the SCUS ID number of the particular game, find the scus number on redump.org) redump.org • Discs
5. Go to the RETRO section in multiman. With the game selected there should be a sub-option in the TRIANGLE or SQUARE menu to encrypt/convert the game to a PS2 Classic
If you are doing this from a disk the disk must be copied to the internal HDD first. Simply use multiman to copy the game to the HDD. (should be an option in the SQUARE or TRIANGLE menu)
6. Once the game is converted simply launch the game called "YOUR GAME NAME" PS2CLASSIC and you should be dropped back to the XMB
7. Launch the PS2 Classic Placeholder from the XMB
This does NOT work for every game however it works for most.
I got Burnout 3 working like this as well as Jak II
Im running a PS3 Slim CECH-2001a on REBUG-4.30.2 CEX
Last edited by theboss235; 07-02-2013 at 12:54 AM.