TimRex has released VICE (Versatile Commodore Emulator) for PS3 release 1.0.2, which is a C64, C128, PLUS4 and VIC20 emulator for PS3 JailBreak users.
Menu ControlsBuild 1.0.3:
- Configuration / Settings can now be saved
- Menu based configuration now supports some of the more common VICE settings
- Added mouse support
- Physical keyboard support improved (still some minor bugs). Added positional/symbolic key layout modes
- Added ZIP and GZIP support
- Added HUD options for framerate/speed display
- Added HUD options for Disk/Tape activity
- Added multiple disk drive support
Disk images can be inserted using TRIANGLE + L1/L2/R1/R2 for drives 8, 9, 10, 11 respectively.
- ReSID-FP support has been added, providing significantly better audio emulation.
Turn up the speakers on this, it's a world of difference.
- Support for various SID models have been added as part of ReSID-FP
- Maximum resampling under ReSID-FP is now default, using the original 6581R4 model SID.
- Fixed a bug when using compatibility mode. Occasionally TDE was not enabled correctly.
- Unless otherwise requested, these releases will only target the C64 from this point forward.
CROSS - Launches the emulator with the selected title. FastLoad enabled.
SQUARE - Launches the emulator with the selected title under compatibility mode. FastLoad disabled. True Drive Emulation (TDE) enabled.
TRIANGLE - Attach disk/tape image without reset (for multi-disk titles)
SELECT - Settings / Configuration
START - Returns to the emulator
CROSS - Fire
D-PAD - Joystick
SELECT - Swap joysticks
START - Menu/Configuration
TRIANGLE - Mapped to keyboard for 'Y'
CIRCLE - Mapped to keyboard for 'N' - Doubly mapped to 'UP' (See note 1)
SQUARE - Mapped to keyboard for <space>
L1 - Mapped to keyboard for 'F1'
L2 - Mapped to keyboard for 'F3'
R1 - Mapped to keyboard for 'F5'
R2 - Mapped to keyboard for 'F7'
L3 - Run/Stop
R3 - On-Screen-Keyboard (partially supported)
L2 + R2 - Warp Mode
R-Stick - Cursor Keys (up/down/left/right)
L-Stick - Replicates D-pad controls
*1 The CIRCLE button has been doubly mapped to the joystick 'UP' direction. This is useful for platform style games where the UP direction indicates a JUMP action. Clearly a difference in design aesthetics between joysticks and control pads, this might be more desirable.
Updated to v1.03 - This one is much larger, as it now includes my source code also! - Enjoy!
Thanks go out to Squarepusher, Shinhalsafar, Cm0nkey, Airmaker for their hard work on the Snes9x PS3 port, and their cellFramework library. This work also incorporates their menu system and config UI. Also to the original VICE team for creating a solid and well maintained codebase to work with.