The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
PCE.emu 1.3.0 released
PCE.emu 1.3.0 released –
is PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 emulator written in C++ for Android, iOS and PS3
It uses the emulation backend from Mednafen
and is built on top of the Imagine engine. The source is released under the GPLv3 license.
• Accurate emulation and high compatibility rate.
• Zip file support
• CD emulation via loading cue files, you must have a system card rom named syscard.pce in the same directory as your cue files.
• Cue files may use external audio tracks in Ogg Vorbis & Wav (PCM, ADPCM, etc) formats (not working on PS3 currently)
• Optional on-screen multi-touch controls in addition to keyboard controls (needs Android 2.1 for multi-touch)
• Backup memory and save state support, one auto-save and one manual slot for save states
• No user activation or other nonsense
Performance Notes (as of version 1.3.0):
• Android : 55-60fps with hucards on a 550Mhz Droid running Android 2.2.
CDs may need slight overclock (600-700Mhz) to run at similar speeds depending on the game's screen mode.
On-screen controller can cause a small speed hit so disable it when not in use, will be optimized in the future.
• iOS: 60fps on iPhone 4 with hucards & CDs (~50% cpu utilization). 20-30fps on iPod Touch 2nd gen.
• PS3: 60fps with hucards & CDs.
Controls for PS3:
• D-pad : navigate menus (Up & Down), Left to go up a directory in file picker, Right to select highlighted entry
• Cross : confirm/select menu entry, Button I
• Circle : cancel menu entry/go back, Button II
• Select : Select
• Start: Run
• L2 : open/dismiss menu
• R2 : Fast-forward
Currently known issues/bugs:
• No international character support in gui
• Not really a bug, but when running on a case-sensitive file system make sure your CUE file specifies references in the same case as on the file system.
• PS3: only 1 controller is supported
• PS3: loading a CUE file with external audio tracks causes the system to lock up
• PS3: sound is not synced properly, causes slight distortion in the audio
Version 1.3.0 (2010.11.08):
• Updated to Mednafen 0.9.14-wip core with various emulation fixes
• 16-bit image rendering enabled to decrease GPU bandwidth and improve speed for devices where this is a bottleneck
• PS3: Updated to use firmware 3.41 libraries, fixes slowdowns in games that use larger than 256 pixel wide screen modes
• PS3: CD images now work, but only bin+cue for now. images with external audio tracks cause a system lockup
News Source: Fobby Forums's
Official Site: PCE-Emu Homepage
thanks for the release!
Does this support playing PCE formatted roms?
Is this somehow superior to Mednafen on the PS3, or just an alternative?
Last edited by Mr.GoodFrag; 11-09-2010 at 12:14 PM.
NONE of my roms are pce format
opps edit, different format
Originally Posted by jaekid
Originally Posted by jaekid
wasn't this the standard format of a place i cant mention here that catalogs certain files of all games systems
Originally Posted by Mr.GoodFrag
something like this psx ntsc 0001 -8000 just an example
>>PCE.emu is PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 emulator written in C++ for Android, iOS and PS3.
excuse me guys but what's the point?
i mean who ever needs dat shit?
AFAIK PCE is the standard format for TG16 ROMS (carts). It seems all the major ROM sites use PCE.
Originally Posted by Brisky
Anyone who wants to play TG16 on their PS3!
Originally Posted by hitori
So wait roms must be in PCE format? I have spent countless hours making a perfect ROM set byswapping all US ROM's and correcting headers for my flash cart and they won't work on this? Where is everyone getting .PCE roms aren't compatible? Am I missing something?
Who said ROMs had to be in .PCE format?
Originally Posted by atreyu187
Who said that .PCE ROM's aren't compatible?
(notice how these statements contradict each other?)
Did you read any of this thread?