The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
two newbie questions
two newbie questions –
1. why I can boot some homebrew program like ExecFTPs from HD Looader, and have to boot some programs like hdld-srv & MCManager v0.1 from disc, but not from HD Loader?
2. So far, all tutorial about running program from MC using KeyLauncher says I need a offical PS1 game and need to boot from there, is there a other way which does not need PS1 game? say I have moded ps2.
1. When you make a disc for a program to be run from HDLoader, the ver # is sometimes different for each one.
2. No other way. You need a PS1 game. Since you can get PS1 games for like 99 cents, why is that a problem? My Gameshark v2 PS1 disc launched the exploit. Maybe you have something like that, but you'll have to give it a try.
1. Actually you can if you create an appropriate image of the ELF (but not ALL elfs will boot this way - but i know execftps and hdld_svr works perfectly)
2. You only need a PS1 game if your chip doesn't support direct booting of elfs... if your ps2 is modded, it can actually be a ps1 backup
Thanks for the reply KillerSpaz,
Originally Posted by KillerSpaz
You know how to make a "appropriate image of the ELF"? All I did is create a system.chf file and create a image using CDGENPS2, LBA the system to 12231, then create a image. I did the same way for HDLD_SVR and ExecFTPs, but ExecFTPs can boot form HD Loader, and HDLD_SVR can only boot from disc, when I boot from HD Loader i got black screen
Thanks for the reply Mike4,
What do you mean by "the ver # is sometimes different for each one." you mean LBA #?
And seems to me the only/main advantage to boot ELF from MC is to save 128M/elf on HD, but if I have a big enough HD, I do not care that too much, so I realy want to do is boot up everything (game/util) from HD Loader. Do I understand it right?
The ver # I'm referring to is in the system file. It's the second line when you open it in Notepad.
Well, you still need the boot.elf on the memory card, right? Why not have all your apps in one folder on the HDD and then boot them with you boot.elf? Even though space is not a problem, why waste it unnecessarily? Is it because you want it to boot right into HD Loader? If that's the case, find out if you can run your boot.elf from HD Loader. That way you only have to launch that one program from HD Advance, and from there you can boot the rest of your elfs on your HDD.
Then how do I find out I used the right ver# or not?
Originally Posted by Mike4
Thank you for your suggestion. But lets say I am lazy and already got what I want:
Originally Posted by Mike4
hdld_srv: used to transfer ios from pc
mc manager: used to backup game save to hdd
that is, that is all I need. Only thing I want to improve here is find a way to boot this two nice apps from HD Loader instead of disc.