The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Total Newbie Here! –
Hi, So I recently hacked my ps2 with the most current version of freecboot and my only use for it is for playing pirated games off a burned disk. I recent got a external hard drive and I want to know how to run games off my external usb hard drive. Thanks, and any other cool features for my hacked ps2?
to run games off usb hdd
1- External HDD formatted to FAT32'
2-USBUtil or any other tools to install Games to USB HDD
3-OPL to run Games off USB HDD .
LOL Finally someone who admits to playing pirated games! Okay well for ps2 backup games you can play them off a burned disc, using an ethernet cable and network adapter if you have fat ps2 if slim only ethernet cable and harddrive, you could load them off internal hd if you have a fat ps2 which is actually faster than normal disc and you could load them off a normal external harddrive.
Originally Posted by tagzard
Remember your hard drive must be formatted into fat 32 if so, here are instructions for each:
I suggest reading all tutorials as I include some parts that I didn't include in others because I have forgotten. Most people just toss away noobie requests but I don't so please enjoy. Also, Internal Hard Drive Loads Nearly twice as fast as Normal disc, Than Ethernet Cable is slightly faster, Then Original Disc and Finally burnt disc by a little., and Last External Hard Drive.
If Loading off OPL for external HD/Internal HD/ Ethernet, you will have to know that you will have choppy videos. If you use ESR then you won't have choppy videos but loading screens will be the speed I said earlier
Burnt Discs (Easiest)
1. Download your Game
2. Patch with ESR-Disc Patcher 0.24 found on PSX-Scene
3. Burn Iso with IMG Burn or other Burning Software like Nero, if you get a glitch, try burning at slower speeds
4. (if you want to make original backups) same process instead, use imgburn to make img, from your disc.
Internal Hard Drive
First Run HD Loader 8c (latest version), plug in hard drive with network adapter and plug in at the back of the ps2.
(Use Ulaunch.Elf or put the .elf in your memory card using Ulaunch and then run it from FMCB Menu or in ulaunch.elf
Now put the game you want in your disc tray
Once game loads, press the Install button on the menu.
Finally play game by choosing it on the menu and pressing X
*** Internal Hard Drive must be ATA and be formatted with pfs, if not use DMS Format Tools, (elf for formatting internal ps2 hard drive)
You can Also run OPL.elf, use the same steps except install via HD Loader
Running Games off External Hard Drive
1.Make sure your external Drive is ATA
2. Format your Hard Drive with fat32, you can use Maxtor Max Blast
3. Download and run USB Util 2.0 (2.1 if speak spanish)
4. Choose an Iso you already have from (read part on ESR Game/Burnt Disc for this part)
5.Choose where your hard drive is and press install
6. Once finished run Power Defragmenter 3
7. Choose your new files that were put there and defragment them
8. You can also go and Right Click My Computer (for PC Users) click Manage, Click Defragment and make sure none are fragmented or use that itself but it takes much longer.
9. Now run OPL 0.8 or 0.9 (different compatibilities) (read HD Loader part for running.elf files) and finally, go to settings, put loading from external or wherever your loading from on automatic, then exit that and press start and Enjoy!, Press X to Launch Game and triangle for compatibilities
Loading Games off Ethernet Cable+Other Computer +External Hard Drive Connected to it
Really tired and can't finish. This one is especially hard for noobie users and the best tutorial can only be a visual
go to youtube, type in Gamedexterity/Versatile, find his video on installing games Ethernet Cable, He is best for that tutorial!
Lastly other cool features about newly modded ps2
-You can play games from other regions
-You can play .mp3, .aac songs, and you can play .xvid/.divx avi movies 720p (not HD)
-You can Also use Emulators to play old school classics like Sega Geneis, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Game Boy (first one)...etc.
Last edited by diegsmoran; 08-09-2012 at 09:08 AM.