The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
quick questions... –
hi guys new here... just started messing with my PS2...
couple of questions... (this sounds really stupid, but please bear with me)... i did search around this and a few other forums... but couldnt find the right answer...
1) i "should" have a modchip in my system.... any way without opening up my console to see whether its there and if its working?
2) what is the nport/xport/PS2 independance exploit?
3) is there a definitive guide to make PS2 backups, i have ad vd burner and blank dvd's... tried the dvd decrypter method... and tried the "knife" swap mod, but its not working...
i'd appreciate any and ALL help.info you guys could provide me with!
1. if the sony seal (with the serial #)on the back of your ps2 is broken or ripped, then your warrenty is already void, so open it up.
2. nport and xport are ps2 save game data programs. with them you can do stuff like copy mem card files to PC, and back again. its much more, and i doubt you searched hard for an answer on this one
3. it may not be working bc the table of contents of the original game, is less than that of the backup game. In order for it to work, you need to swap with a disc of greater or equal value.
or you coulve just copied it wrong. all you need to do is tell nero to make an exact backup of the dvd. then burn the image it creates.
awesome thanks for the info man...
the warranty is void... but i dunt want to deal with opening up my PS2... will do as a last resort... but is there ANY other way i can check/tell?
also, when i burned the game... i used DVD decrypter to rip it onto my HDD and then burned the .iso file onto the dvd+r using DVD decrytper... is this the right way to do it? or do i also need to burn the .mds file as well?
you can check to see if you have a modchip by trying to boot a cdr or dvdr backup game.
also, i think your dvdr backup you are trying to get to work is not working because you are buring the straight ISO file onto it instead of allowing a program to read the ISO file. like i said above, use nero burning rom to copy your DVD onto your HD, then burn to new dvdr