The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Problem with HDL/no default codes patching Codebreaker 9.2 cracked
Problem with HDL/no default codes patching Codebreaker 9.2 cracked –
Ok, I decided to try removing the default code base from the cracked version of Codebreaker 9.2. However, I can not get it to boot properly. I can launch the original Codebreaker 9.2 (MD5: F279F8412CAFE80F326BB945D7DC480F ) with no problems. It seems to initialize the hard drive partition for storage as well. However, when launching the modified version, I get a blank screen. My MD5 of 1D54F048B1DC7171307856A7AD830C40 which matches what Bootlegninja got when doing the same modifications. (I can't post links yet, so: )
And if the MD5s match, the likelyhood of it being different is minimal, though not impossible. Could someone that's done this perhaps can verify if the SHA-1 is CF8E54A7E26A83391A6F6779539CC6B02AFC7147 ? Or tell me if I did something incorrectly? I ended up doing it basically the same way Bootlegninja did it, though I had the other version of the cracked 2.9, so I had the extra step of the second unpacking, but I also used the gshi patch. I'm going to be trying it again here in a few moments in case I accidentally changed the wrong hex somewhere, though I doubt I did since the MD5s match. But has anyone else used the same version of the cracked 2.9 that I'm using to do this? Is there another method of doing this that works better, possibly removing the entire database instead of just zeroing it out so it compresses tightly?
Originally Posted by Bootlegninja
Anyway, here's hoping that when I do it this time, that it goes right and it works and I don't actually need any help.
Oh yeah, just to say what hardware I was doing this on, it was an unmodded v7 with a HDL formatted hard drive at work booted with the latest FMCB. At home here tonight, I'll be testing on a v7 with a DMS4 Pro, though I'll be disabling the chip and booting it up with FMCB as well to make it the same as the one at work.
if i rememeber right there is already a version that does not have the code list inside the file ..
I had not seen that, just the instructions on how to blank out the codes via hex editor. I'll have to dig a bit deeper I guess. Though I would like to figure out why the version I made didn't work and actually make it work, just for the principle of the matter.
Originally Posted by skiller
EDIT> Well, I gave it another try tonight, after finding the other version of the cracked codebreaker 9.2 and I got it to work. It's HDL patched as well as stripped of all the codes. Though I got an MD5 of EC85ED338622573A29D23A24E878BBA2 instead of 1D54F048B1DC7171307856A7AD830C40. The only thing I need to do now is test it on another (preferably un-modded, such as the one I'm setting up for one of our teachers) console to ensure that it works.
Last edited by gorgarath; 06-02-2012 at 02:42 AM.
Reason: Got it working