so recently i've been working on an updated version of PGEN in order to get an open-source alternative to the Datel version.
at the moment, my changelog is :
* Updated to compile against PS2SDK
* Updated to latest PS2SDK drivers
* Updated CDVD driver (fix blocking state at init if nothing in the tray)
* Disc stop spinning when CDVD drive is unselected
* Added audsrv for Sound (sjpcm kicked out)
* Removed mod playing in the menu (didn't like it...)
* Updated to latest zlib version (1.2.1)
* Updated Z80 core (V3.5)
* Added USB mass Support (much more compatible than the datel one thanks to the open source driver)
* Code tweak/Optimisation (SPR, less data sent to VRAM, etc....)
* Option to use interlaced video mode
still to be done/finished :
* check compilation flags (there is some issue, following the porting to PS2SDK/GCC 3.2.2)
* some gfx glitches to fix (may be linked to compilation flags)
* extend USB support to save states
* clean/update the interface to something newer
after that, I'll release a first version.
Anyway, concerning the last point, I would need some help to design a new background for that new version (Including a new font to replace the Ocra one), so if someone is interested ?
Also, if you are a serious coder and want to participate, or if you have suggestion of things to be added (furthermore to my changelog) don't hesitate to post them here.