I'll try to keep this brief.. after many years in a dark corner due to a dodgy laser and not being able to load anything I've finally discovered the delights of the elf. My ol' grandaddy v1/2 or 3 ps2 is coming out to play.
I've managed through fair means or foul to get fmcb v1.7 installed and working (hooray) I can now watch divx movies using sms, browse my mem card, I even got ace combat to run off of my pendrive, tada!! I've got uLaunch, ESR and HDloader in the boot menu on my mc...whooa
I've also managed to snatch an old network adapter from the bay at a reasonable price and I've got an old maxtor ide PC drive lying about.
I want to play games (some online) from the HDD.
here come the questions:
1. Is there a list somewhere of elfs and apps with an explanation of what they do? sks has a comprehensive list but no explanations?
2. I can only find OLD threads, 'cos this is old news I guess, but can I play online games from HDD? I gather i need to patch them with the correct dna's data.
3. If not can i patch the same game with esr and dna data to run from disk?
4. Is it all worth it? Are there any online gamers still out there playing ps2 and if so is there a list of games currently being played online?
5. what does xploder hdtv do and why (see question 1)?
Wow that was brief. Thank you in advance for your help.