The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
OK, I'm being REALLY thick here..
OK, I'm being REALLY thick here.. –
I have never managed to get anything homeburnt to play on my PS2.
I tried PS2MAME, never got it to boot, I also tried the DivX player recently, and made another coaster.
I think it's something todo with disk layout, format or the sector thing..
Obviously I am missing something REALLY obvious, can someone point me to (or supply) idiot instructions. Thanks.
Arrrrrrrrrrr, the Obvious question first is if ye have a mod chip installed or not? If'n ya don't there's yer problem right there. Ya needs one of them little buggers installed (or be willin' to stick a knife into yer PS2) in order ta play the homeburnt games, so ye do.
Yep, got a Magic 2 Fitted (Installed it meself)....
Plays CDR/DVD backups a treat...
Any other tips would be GREATFULLY recieved....
Registered: Jul 2002
For those having problems.
I used to have problems burning ps2divx but after like 5 or 6 coasters i figured out a good way. I think this might help those of you having problems with burning this great masterpiece. I tried to put alot of detail into it to help those newbies :-D
1. First make a directory labeled PS2_DIVX in the root dir (eg. C:\PS2_DIVX
2. Load up cdgenps2
3. Drag the 3 files into the cdgenps2 layout thingie. (remember to do this before putting in the video)
4. Now change the lba of the system.cnf to 12231
5. Next make a directory in the PS2_DIVX folder called MOVIES (or whatever u want). Put the avi (divx for those newbies) in this new folder
6. Drag the newly created folder (with the movies inside of it) to the cdgenps2 layout thingie.
7. Label the cd whatever u want and go File -> Create Cd.
8. IMPORTANT STEP: Save this as a .bin ... NOT AN ISO. This will also create a .cue file.
9. Load up nero. Don't tell me this doesnt work if unless u used nero. In nero, go to File -> Burn Image. Then select the cue file that cdgenps2 made. (It has the same filename as the bin u saved)
10. Now when ur at the burning prompt, make sure that the only checkbox under the burn tab checked is "Write". Also make sure it is selected as Disc-at-Once as opposed to Track-at-Once.
11. Burn and use the normal swap method u usually do.
12. Sorry this had to be so long but im trying to put as much detail as possible for those newbies. =D
13. Those of you who get this to work by the means of my method or the normal method, give your thanks to ps2reality because they didnt have to do this. They took tons of time out to make sure it worked great. THANKS PS2REALITY.