The NamCollection is ported because in the Klonoa menu it says "Copyright 1997 2005 NAMCO LTD." so that pretty much tells it right there. I just wish POPS-00001 could work for USB on a PS2 Slim.
It may work on a PS2 Slim that haves a IDE HDD mod but sadly no USB.:cry:
Originally Posted by mrjared123
Yeah, I figured. I don't have one of those early Slim models so I guess I'm stuck with PS2PSXe for now.
Originally Posted by vash32
As i knows PP_BLJA-00011 is writen for ps2(not emulated like bishi bashi).I think of games like bishi bashi(with pops)
Originally Posted by vash32
Let me see if I have this straight so far...
01) Make a PS1 Game image, and either mod its region to make it Japanese, or mod the emulator's executable with region free / specific BIOS using a HEX editor.
02) Use the hacked version of ULe's HDD manager to create a new HDD partition named PP.POPS-OOOO1, of no greater size than 127GB. I understand that this partition size is to fool POPS into thinking the HDD is the size of the partition, is this because POPs does not 'like' larger HDDs?
03) I intend to add the smallest size partition on my 300GB HDD, as I have only a few PS1 games, would this be OK?
04) Am I right in thinking that the new partition has to be at the front of the HDD in order for POPS to read the game images etc..?
05) If 04 is correct, is it possible to create this partition at the front without deleting my PS2 ISOs? I read earlier in the thread about cutting and pasting, I assume this means individually cutting and pasting each PS2 ISO into a new partition to rearrange the HDD in this manner. This sounds time consuming and a bit risky, and have I read this correctly?
06) At the moment, I do not have my HDD visible in the standard PS2 browser. I understand that this is necessary in order for POPs to load PS1 images, unless I use ULe to load them. I would prefer to use the browser, and am waiting on delivery of the network adapter disc. Will this disc allow me to see the HDD in my standard PS2 browser?
07) One more, will I be able to load POPS from my Free McBOOT hacked OSD, in the same way I can load OPL / HDL / SMS etc... ie, Can I load POPS straight from the PS2 splash screen?
Thanks for reading, any and all help is greatly appreciated. I'd like to have all this straight before I start tinkering with my HDD, which I have set up just right at the moment!
POPS-0001 is outdated. Search for "POPStarter rev 12". You can find it on assemblergames forums.
But some of your questions are still pertinent, so :
1) With POPStarter, you dont need an HEX editor anymore.
2 + 3 + 4) You still have to use uLE hacked to create your partitions (normal uLE add a "+" before the partition, while uLE hacked doesnt). POPS-00001 did not support HDD larger than 137Gb indeed, while POPStarter supports HDD until 320Go. Btw, there was no need to make a 127Gb partition with POPS-0001. As long as the partition were in the first 127Gb on the HDD, it was fine. So setting 1 game = 1 partition was ok. And still is with POPStarter.
6 + 7 ) No, you cant install browser 2.00 using the network adapter disk. You need an "HDD Utility disc". But there is no official HDD Utility disc for PAL.
But there is no need to have browser 2.00 in order to use POPStarter. While leads to say : yes, you can set an entry for POPStarter in the FMCB OSDSYS hacked (but 1 entry = 1 game).
POPStarter is a lot easier to use, and a bit more compatible with PS1 games than POPS-00001 was. ;)
Thankyou for the fast and very informative reply.
Just one small clarification: Does POPSTARTER need to have games in the first portion of the HDD too, or can I just create a new one with my HDD as it is right now and have the PS1 games boot straight off from their new locations in the POPSTARTER partition? Or will I have to shift games about?
Many thanks indeed!
Quick answer : you can make your PS1 partitions everywhere you want on your 300Gb HDD (since its smaller than HDD size supported by POPStarter).
More precise answer : there was no real need to set PS1 partitions at first for POPS-00001, as long as you were using a 120Go HDD. People recommended to have these partitions at beginning of the HDD only to be sure they were on the first 120Go (POPS-00001 limit) when they were using larger than 120Go HDD.
Thankyou Shaolin Assassin, with your help I have managed to install the version of the emulator you recommended, converted Worms World Party (PAL) for use and successfully loaded it. I had to be out of the house straight after so didn't get chance to fully test it, but noticed that the bottom of the screen was significantly cut off and a large black bar was present at the top of the screen, in effect, the whole picture was shifted down.
01) Is there an options menu that can fix this issue, or do I need a new BIOS from the appropriate specific region, PAL in this case?
02) I would still llike to use the Browser 2.00 on my SCPH 30003 PAL Fat PS2, and have had a thought - Is it possible to use a HDD utility disc (US or Jap?) as an ISO loaded via OPL?
Many thanks for your continued help with this, I very much appreciate it.
1) That's because POPStarter run in NTSC mode - and seems to not like too much PAL. There is no menu option unfortunately. You have 2 ways to fix this:
- use GSM to center the screen
- use the vmode command in CUE2POPS
I would recommand GSM, as the vmode command sometimes fails.
2) Unfortunately, no, you cant do that. :(