The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
linux kit & hdd??
linux kit & hdd?? –
Just wandering a few things at the moment. I'm going to buy the linux kit (even though I've never tried linux for more than a few days), but I have a few questions.
1) if you have to partition the drive, then are there tools on the net to partition the drive 30gb linux and 10gb ps2 game format?
2) is GCC a C or C++ compiler? and is there a C++ and/or java, delphi, vb complier available for it?
3) can you network it with a windows xp pc (just wandering since I want to write code, and send it to my pc to compile for some of my windows work)
4) is there anyone in the reading, UK area with a kit, cause i would be interested in chatting to find out how its been going for you.
Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I'm a newbie to this stuff.
1) No, not if you buy the linux kit
2) gcc can do alot
3) yes, samba works
Actually, I've read that you can partition the hdd for linux and games -- but its a pain. Someone on the official ps boards posted that they used the offical hdd utility 1.10 disc to format his linux hdd for games as well. I can't verify this until I can get my hands on a utility disc - and i'm not going to pay $100 for a cheap hdd and a game I already own for PC.
I've also read you can patch the kernel and use a homebrewed partition tool to get games on the hdd as well(ps2fdisk), but I haven't been able to get that to work correctly yet -- alot of the sources are in japanese so its babelfish and kanji dictionary time.