The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Elf file question –
well first of all, I know how to install the free mcboot, i have it installed and working, but now I am stumped on installing the HD Loader, i have to manually go hunt it down with the ps2 Launcher and it won't properly play, stops at loading screen saying my hardrive is not properly installed, I wanted to know if there is a way to install it to my main browse area with all the rest of the apps, for example, putting the folder some place in the "Free mcboot" and when i install "Free mcboot" it installs all other .elf files in it as kind of an Automated install for them all, is there a way to do something like that which I am missing?
It sounds like you have two problems, one with your hard drive not properly installed another about configuring FMCB. Does your HDD work with OPL? If so then maybe you just have a bad copy of HDLoader, you should download another copy just to be sure. Have you used your HDD before? Maybe it needs to formatted. You can use the HDD Manager included in uLaunchELF. Maybe the connections to the HDD are loose, it can come unplugged while inside the ps2. If you haven't tried OPL you should, its much better than HDLoader in almost every way, although I still have a game or two that works with HDL but not OPL so I still use it occasionally.
Your next problem, installing HDLoader, you don't have to reinstall all of FMCB, you can add things to the list in the ps2 browser. There are two things you need to do, first move the elf file to the memory card, next re-configure FMCB to show the new elf file.
Moving the elf-
1. Download the elf file
2. Put it on a USB
3. Run uLaunchELF
4. Go to browser
5. Find you elf file in mass (that's your usb)
6. Press 'r1'
7. Go to Copy, press 'x'
8. Browse to a folder on your memory card, the apps folder or SYS_CONF folder or make a new folder
9. Press 'r1'
10. Go to Paste, press 'x'
Now step two, configuring FMCB to see the new elf file.
1. Run FMCB Configurator, if you don't have a button for it, find it with uLaunchELF, it's called FMCB_CFG.ELF
2. Press 'x' to select button layout
3. Go to "Configure OSDSYS options", press 'x'
4. Go to "Configure Item 1 :", press 'right button' several times until you find one that is blank, press 'x'
5. Go to "Name:", press 'x', type in the name you want to appear on the browser
6. Go to "Path1:", press 'x' or 'square' and find the elf file, press 'x'
7. Go to "Return", press 'x'
8. Go to "Return", press 'x'
9. Go to "Save CNF to MC", press 'x'
You should be all good to go. Let us know if you have any more problems. Also, it is a good idea to use your FMCB to create another FMCB just in case one memory card gets messed up you will have a back up and it is much easier to create a FMCB from another FMCB than using the swap trick, if that is how you installed originally.
I appreciated your help, but it still didn't work but I found the issue i think... I was trying to use it to play final fantasy 7, as an iso, and it can not read iso's it has to read the converted files, but I found out how to play iso's on my ps2 without converting them, so no worries =) now I need to find out another issue but I will make a new post regarding it, THANKS FOR THE REPLY! sorry been messing with the configs of the install to try an figure something out :P