Yes, that is true. But all those servers use the UDP-only protocol that HDLDump uses.
Originally Posted by RandQalan
This one is a pure TCP server that uses a totally different protocol, and it uses a totally different port number. There are several possible reasons why you are getting such absurdly low transfer rates, and a software issue is only just one of them:
1. Your network has a firewall that is interferring with the packets.
2. Your network has some traffic shaping mechanism that is throttling the transfer rate (either intentionally or not).
3. Somehow auto-negotiation is screwed up again and it's connected to your network at 10Mbps instead of 100Mbps.
4. Your network is suffering from packet loss, and the PS2 has to resend packets.
5. Your PC is having some throughput issues. The installer can only send data as fast as it can read it.
SCPH-10000 S. MINOKAMO v1.01 (Defunct)
SCPH-10000 S. KISARAZU v1.00 (faulty)
SCPH-15000 S. KOHDA (With warranty seal!) :D
DESR-5100 S. EMCS