The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
for ppl having problems getting this to work,look back at the posts for the charles auto conf rar files open it select ur region and leave the exe running,move the ps3.updatelist from rar files to root of c: job done shut down ps3/charles and whatever dnsmasq your are using and restart everything back up go sign in.
Originally Posted by thomas23
Mod edit: Had you even read the top of your oh so awesome article, you would notice that the tutorial originally came from our website. Thanks for playing though.
Last edited by chesh; 02-14-2011 at 10:56 AM.
it took me almost 6 hours to make it work but i can confirm its working...
A few tips:
- use only the latest version (and full version)of charles web debug. 3.52 i guess. The 32 bit version did not work correctly on win 7 64 bit su b sure to use the 64 bit version on 64 bit os.
- restart your pc after installation of charles vmware and ubuntu.
- copy the file located in Charles/ docs/ charles-proxy-ssl-proxying-certificate.crt to a fat 32 usb drive and than rename it CA24.cer on the usb drive and be sure to change the extension to cer.
on the ps3:
- use asbestos 1.4 instead of 1.5 it didnt work on mine. copy to usb drive and install on ps3
- install a file browser for ps3 i used comgenie a very nice browser.
Than start asbestos and press x when asked to quit the prog. locate Ca24 under dev_rwflash/data/cert and copy to a new folder in your usb drive (just in case) and delete it from ps3 to replace it with the one from your usb drive.
- Check your ps3 region (eu, us uk etcc..) . İ you have no clue you can see it in charles even with wrong region setups. İ didn't know which one to use because i have a uk psn account and i live in the euro zone. i found out that it only depends on the ps3 console if its european modelthan use eu instead of uk in my example
be sure to check the ip given in ubuntu that starts with inet adress after typing ifconfig under terminal. This adress will be used in dns setup on the ps3. When you restart ubuntu make sure you have the same adresse mine has changed once.
Ps3 network setup start setup i used obtain ip automatically (wireless setup)
than it asks for dns set to manual to enter the ip adres obtained in ubuntu enter it in both dns adresses. İt than ask for a proxy enter th ip adress of your computer (by checking it using cmd on start menu or run than enter the command ipconfig/all to see your preferrred ip) for the port use the port used by charles as explained in the first post.
Be sure to double check everything especially the region codes(eu,uk etc..) in charles and ubuntu. When everything is set restart everything and unplug your ps3 than start your pc-> ubuntu -> charles ->ps3 in the same order. make sure to allow charles in firewall and allow ps3 in charles when used for the first time. A very long post i know but could be usefull and save time for others
OMG THANK YOU VERY MUCH IS WORKING lLOL thank you thank you BIG time
I keep getting PSN failed at network test
Guyz I'm using this method
[GUIDE] Connecting to PSN on 3.55 with only ONE machine (no VM)
but games such as Killzone 3 beta , Pes 2011 and others
so my question is >> does this complicated method works fine
and can i play all games online smoothly ?
I used Alejandro to replace the cert; I just did a quick google search to find it. As for changing to 3.41, yes, I did that, and I'm fairly certain all my other settings were correct as well...but by all means feel free to try it yourself. Maybe you'll have better luck with it
Originally Posted by jamiez
Originally Posted by rockomania
For everyone using MAC with Charles and getting the error "Failed to start reverse proxy rule - Permission Denied" just run the application using Psudo (Mac OS X Software). That fixed the problem for me.
The reason for it is because like on ANY Unix system, the kernel doesn't allow binding on ports bellow 1024 except for root users and since root is deactivated, you just can't (sudo or sudo su doesn't work either)
Any answer plz ?
Originally Posted by mesho-95
did any one tried Killzone 3 beta or GT 5 or PES 2011 Online by this method ?
Why don't you do a search in the thread and review what other people have said rather then make a double post asking. You'd have your answer a lot quicker.
Originally Posted by mesho-95