Are you serious? Here let me give you some reasons to back up your original game.
Originally Posted by Darkman-PSG
1. Games tend to run faster from the hard drive, with reduced loading times and smoother animation especially in games like the fallout series.
2. Your original games can stay safely put away in their cases preserving their lifespan.
3. Conveniance-its nice not to have to change discs every time you want to change games.
4. You cant write to your gamedisk, however If you have your game backed up, there are several games that can be modified to your enjoyment(such as adding a debug mega pistol in fallout new vegas). This is a big plus for some people.
5. If you go on a trip, and bring your ps3 you can still play your games without dragging around all your discs.
6. Some games when backed up will run discless allowing you to preserve the lifespan of your blu ray laser and motor.
7. No problems with skipping due to scratched discs.
I'm sure I could think of more, but off the top of my head, there is 7 good reasons to back up your original discs that have absolutely nothing to do with piracy. I hope this helps your pondering.
The reluctance to put away childish things may be a requirement of genius...