thx alot for this tut . My BLES01031 worked flawless . Can I use that files/tutorial with my BLES01032 Version of this game, too ? I wanna play mp with that Version, too.nunracer00 Nice job!! -- Dammit it worked easier than any other fix!!! No need to edit metadata files, no need for Hex Editor, and no need to download and install Retail Game Update PKG file. And it also fixes in one bang Multiple-Player mode!! The process of transferring and overwriting the files in the PS3 took less than 2 minutes using FlashFXP (FTP method) from PC to PS3 HDD.
Here are the Steps.
- Since I had already installed successfully the game [BLES01031] using the original tutorial posted on page 1 of this thread, I then proceeded in deleting the Retail 1.02 Game Update [EP0002-BLES01031_00-CODBLOPSPATCH001-A0102-V0100-PE.pkg]--So those barely getting started with this process and have not yet installed the PKG then you are good, please SKIP to Step 2 below. -- I had to, because like I said before, I had already installed the PKG file following the first tutorial on page one.
- If you had installed it, here is how you uninstall the Retail Game Update: Simply go to your XMB Game menu, go to the very top to find the icon: Game Data Utility and select Call-Duty Black OPS and delete it.
- Extract files from BOPBLES01031.zip -- See UPDATE below for download!
- Overwrite all the files onto the folder you have your game [GAMEZ\BLES01031] in your PS3 HDD (internal or external). The zip will be in the exact folder directory order, so you really don't need to guess where they all go.
Tip: For those that were used to the old tutorial on page one, those files you extracted in your PC go to the GAMEZ folder NOT the update folder [dev_hdd0\game\BLES01031]) ((If you wish to review nunracer00's instructions Here is the LINK. (TUT: How to get COD: Black Ops working on v3.41!).))
- And that's it! My apologies that these steps are brief, but that's really how easy this process is!!
** I'd like to note that I wish nunracer00 would provide in his download pack an Edited version of the PARAM.SFO file so noobies don't have to change the app version from 1.00 to 1.20, this would definitely be idiot proof-- I mean that in a nice way.
-- Update - I've linked the FULL PACK with the edited PARAM.SFO file for BLES01031 -- to help people out. Here it is: Click Here to Download. -- (please let me know when it's down--so I can reup this.)
How to transfer the files?
- With FTP method:
- FlashFXP or FileZilla (or other third party FTP program for your PC) and (blackb0x FTP Server 1.2 Released) = blackb0x FTP Server v1.2 for the PS3.
- Below I have attached three Screenshots on how to do this process with FlashFXP and blackb0x FTP Server v1.2, step by step. Enjoy! -- (Keep in mind that I have FlashFXP settings to always ask me even if the files are the same size or smaller or larger. This prevents any mishaps--especially with auto-resume--which can cause issues when the file I am replacing is smaller than the one I am now transferring.)
- Without FTP method?
- Option 1: Replace the files while your game is still on your PC, before you transfer the game to your internal for your PS3 to read.
- Option 2: If you use an external HDD, just connect it back to your PC and make the file changes.
- Option 3: If you already have the game in your internal, and you don't want to re-upload the entire game again. Use = Comgenie Awesome Filemanager and use the USB memory stick to HDD option in it to transfer your files and overwrite them.
P.S. My apologies to nunracer00 for doubting his method early on. I thought since he was doing the procedure a different way than explained in the first tutorial, I automatically assumed that he was doing it all wrong. I have to keep reminding myself that in this scene, we have to just keep an open mind.
tHX in advance...