The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
the metadata file is for your console so you need to edit yours. someone elses may do funny things to your console
Originally Posted by Demonxx
Thanks for the tutorials, now I say we should lock this thread until release date. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that 80-99% of the people posting for help have pirated copies.
some stores are selling it for example here in NZ a store is selling copies today. (its the 9th here)
some people still need help to get it working regardless of what copy they have so should not be closed
Here's how mine works using Hermes v4b and Open Manager 2.1. USE A HEX EDITOR WHEN EDITING. DO NOT USE NOTEPAD.
- Black OPS EURO version
- Edited PARAM.sfo from the actual game to 3.40
- When I load the game, it asked me to update to 1.02, go ahead and update it (online)
- After installing update, it will ask you to update your firmware to 3.5. DONOT UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE. AGAIN DO NOT UPDDATE YPUR FIRMWARE
- Follow the instructions on how to replace param.sfo and BOOT.bin for this game
- Now follow the instructions on how to edit the metadata_db_hdd using a HEX editor. DO NOT edit using notepad, it will not work
- Play the game with ANY original PS3 game loaded. I tried without BD and I get black screen.
dude, it's out in an hour and a half.
Originally Posted by xPreatorianx
MRDOCA i found 350 on the left side i circus it,but how do you edited it or do it suppose to look like this BLUS30192 or like this when i find it 02.4000.thanks
Originally Posted by MRDOCA
ahh my bad then I thought it wasn't out for another day. I apologize. My dates are horribly off.
Originally Posted by meffle
My guess would be edit the hex to read 40. So you have to calculate the hex value for 40. It's good to have some basic knowledge in hex editing. But wait for MRDOCA to verify.
Originally Posted by lost
heres a question folks -
once some kind sole has done all the editing and updating to get this working on there own ps3 would it be possible for them to transfer it to an external hdd via openmanager and then for that to work on someone elses ps3 without having to do all the editing again. ??
would this work ?
not sure if that would work with the update but the main game dir it would work.
Originally Posted by hrgiger
thats the wrong 350 SEARCH 3.50 not 350this is after the update....
I'm getting the same error. I did all 4 steps, exactly as you explained using FTP. And when I try to load the game it asks for 3.50 update.
PS3: Slim 320GB / CFW KMEAW 3.55 / multiMAN v04.xx.xx / blackb0x FTP Server v1.2 3.55 w/ FlashFXP 4.2.x
PS2: SLIM & PHAT / FreeMcBOOT w/ESR & OPL 9-r651 / SMS w/PSClient v1.3.1
PSP: PHAT / 5.00 M33-6