Guys i do what is write in first page. BLES01031 works fine on my teensy 1.0 with Hermes v4b and OM 1.17.2. But when i edit my metadata file with Total Commander simply presing F4 to edit and change 3.5 to 3.4 i close te FTP server on my ps3 and the console was freez. And After rebooting --> "push X to rebuild database". It is normal ? Or this is because i edit the file with TC not WinHex or other ex editor. ? Console now works ok. But i`m affraid it`s eferything is ok now, or i damage something because of that. :/
not normal to get black screen or rebuild database.
redo the tutorial from the start.
mallinersha: you have missed a pram.sfo you need to edit both as it says in my tutorial
Guys I don't know if this problem was posted before but it's too much to read through 55 pages. After I edit and overwrite the metdata file I get after I reboot "the hard disk's database will be rebuilt". I tried twice and I get the same message all over again. Can anyone help? thx.
Success with BLES01031!!
- I transferred BLES01031 backup game to internal HDD using FTP (I didn't try to run it, I just let it sit there for now.)
- Followed the 5 Steps in the first post.
- After that, I turned off PS3 -- this is very important, to avoid errors.
- Turn on PS3 with jailbreak (see my signature for my info)
- Inserted an original Game Disc into the drive
- Open Gaia Manager v1.03.1
- Selected game Call of Duty: Black Ops in Gaia Manager.
- Gaia reports: EBOOT.BIN not found - Do you want to try fixing permissions? I select: YES.
- I get sent to XMB Game Menu
- Select Disc Icon - Call of Duty (game)
- after a few seconds of dark screen the game boots up. English!! Yes!!
- If you are still stuck, please follow closely the instructions provided in page one.
- Avoid the hyphen in the Game ID when transferring your game backups to your HDDs.
- when using the hex editor in step 5 to edit the metadata_db_hdd file, highlight "5" and enter "4", do not use backspace, because the hex editor deletes some code when you use backspace.
- in the metadata_db_hdd file search for another instance for 3.50 under the game ID before you save the changes. -- some have reported seeing more than one instance of the Game ID and the firmware 3.50. Change that if you find more in the metadata_db_hdd file.
- Keep in mind that the two PARAM.SFO files you need to edit are completely different form each other. So careful which one you replace and where.
- Transfer the EBOOT.BIN to the correct directory as explained in the instructions on the first page. Don't transfer it to the GAMEZ directory where you have the actual full game.
- If you still have issues, please READ all the pages in this thread, I am pretty sure we have covered all the problems that arise--the main problems is people don't transfer the correct files where they need to be, or edit them correctly, nor they understand how to transfer files with FTP or another way. Also keep in mind that some FTP programs have a resume function enabled by default instead of an overwrite function, so to avoid the resume function, delete the file in your PS3 that you plan on replacing. This will guarantee a clean transfer, because all the files being changed on your PS3 should be overwritten.
- Ignore using the "self" files until you got the game booting correctly in Single Player mode. The "self" files inside the pack file you download in the first page is for making this game play in multiple-play mode to be able to play online at a site called XKAI. Those instructions are found after doing Step 5. Step 5 ends when it tells you to reboot your PS3.
Guys, after all sorts of testing, I finally got the BLES01031 version working for me, by only using another game's PARAM.SFO (F1 2010) file and modifying it to COD Black OPS details, it worked first try like a charm....(with Rogero Manager v7.5 normal mode with original disc inserted )
All other modification was done according to the tutorial, except I used version 3.41 instead of 3.40 for the PARAM.SFO files and the metadata file too, the EBOOT.BIN for the update folder is the one from MRDOCA pack on first page too.
I didn't try the MP mode yet, but at least the game is playable now for SP.
I have attached the param.sfo file I used and worked for me in case others who still have problem running the BLES01031 version wants to give it a try.
N.B: this is the main game PARAM.SFO file, it goes into the game folder itself (not the update folder)
I just wanted to say thanks to OP the guide in the first post worked perfect. But as many people have said I had to read it a few times before I attempted it and I got it on the first try with BLES-01031 with out the need for any additional crap.
I think ur wrong. By "copy [...]eboot.bin as t5_ps3f.self", he means "do the same with t5_ps3f.self".Quote:
copy(replace) posted eboot.bin as t5_ps3f.self to the same usrdir folder (to be able to get back to sp from mp)
rename the eboot.bin from mrdoca's upload to t5_ps3f.self and copy to the folder where your game is.
Doesn t make any sense to remane it.
Self and bin are different file format --> different way to encode information
.bin cant be read as a .self
Edit : I was wrong. BIN and SELF files are ps3 binary files (like exe for windows). Just the same with different file extensions.
Me too. Instruction from first page is ok to BLES01031 and sure for other ID of this game.