The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Should -and how- do I "jump" from 3.15 to kmeaw?
Should -and how- do I "jump" from 3.15 to kmeaw? –
Okay, first things first: I'm still on 3.15, putting off any upgrade 'till OtherOS returns to our PS3s. Now, though, I'm tired of waiting and thinking of updating. So, some simple questions - sorry if they were answered elsewhere, didn't find some clear answers to them.
1. How do I upgrade from 3.15 to 3.55 kmeaw? Must I go step-by-step to firmware 3.41>3.55>3.55 kmeaw, or can I immediately "jump" to 3.55 kmeaw?
2. If I ever want to "get back" to 3.15, can I? How? I think I saw some posts mentioning that downgrading from 3.55 wasn't possible, so... Is it?
3. Will the games I've already backed up to an external HDD work, or will I have to re-rip them? What about saves? BD movie support?
I guess, that's all. I think I should mention that I JB my PS3 through an HTC Desire with psfmod - dunno if it makes any difference/has anything to do with the whole procedure.
Thanks in advance for any answer.
I'm in the same boat, ducklord. The gamer in me just wants to play, but the collector in me wants to be able to keep OtherOS. Hmmm...decisions, decisions...
I can only answer your first question. I believe we can install the official Sony 3.55 and then upgrade to Kmeaw's CFW via recovery mode.
1. 3.15 OFW > 3.55 OFW USB via XMB > kmeaw 3.55 CFW USB via recovery
2. Yes, you can downgrade from 3.55 back to 3.15 using the modified 3.41 (reports as 3.5_6) firmware and then downgrading from that back to 3.15
3. Games will still work as long as you didn't mod the eboot.bin/create packages. Saves will stay, and BD move support will work outside of JB mode (before you run lv2.pkg)
4. Once you ugprade to 3.55 CFW, you will no longer need a JB device unless you want to get into service mode (downgrade)
1. PS3 CFWs with Backup Managers <<<< Follow the instructions for WutangRZA's CFW on the left
Originally Posted by ducklord
2. Let me Google that for you: Let me google that for you
3. Games already backed up will work if you have original eboots. Saves will still be there. BD movie support will still be there.
Thanks to all for your answers. I'm now on 3.55 kmeaw and everything seems to work ok. There where some bumps with my previous backups, but after fixing permissions and updating the LVL2 patcher (well, and re-ripping Resistance, my previous backup didn't want to start for a strange reason), everything works fine.
@darko886: Yes, I -know- there are answers in other threads. Thanks for... err... Googling them up for me, but I'd seen them. The reason I asked everything in this thread was specifically 'cause I had a 3.15 firmware PS3, and all downgrading threads I saw where regarding 3.40+ consoles. Didn't know if I had any extra steps to take.