The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
PS3 phat to NEW slim account xfer??
PS3 phat to NEW slim account xfer?? –
I have a general question. I have an old account on my PS3 CECHH01 that I want to transfer to my new 160GB PS3 slim. I know this is common knowledge, but I DON'T want to update the fat console w/ my PSN Account that is on 3.55 OFW (so I can make it CFW in the near future) and the slim is on 3.65 OFW. Is it possible to transfer the account without updating the 3.55 OFW ps3 to the new 3.65 slim via the CAT5 cable option?? or should I just use the backup option to external USB drive and then copy that to the new. I just don't want to lose the CFW possibility OR the account (PSN downloads, etc.). We can't seem to find our password for the existing account either. Thanks.
Veni Vidi Vici
Guess I answered my own question. Good to know though. Here's what I did and the transfer went just fine.
1. made all connections as per official instructions (cat5 between/connecting 2 systems).
2. two video connections on same TV with each PS3 hooked up.
3. Booted first PS3; then 2nd one... ON source PS3 (3.55 OFW Phat) chose option 1: send to ' --> ' new ps3
4. When prompted to connect to PSN account online with 3.55 OFW (or lower) PS3; Selected NO and the process proceeded.
*Note: will not transfer trophies earned because of this, everything else transfered (even music & pictures).
5. When prompted on NEW 2nd PS3 w/ 3.65 OFW, chose option 2: recieve from ' <-- '
6. On TV went back to source 3.55 OFW ps3 to watch status.
7. When finished "Success", powered down source, then destination PS3's.
8. Restarted NEW PS3, connected to PSN and activated system and proceeded with all other data, downloads, updates, etc.
This may help answer someone else's questions regarding transferring account, downloaded games, etc. from a console that has a modify-able FW that you don't want to update and still want to keep what you've already had for PSN access on a NEW higher OFW.
Veni Vidi Vici