Patching eboots for 3.55
Alright finally got home and it's working now :D Made a video too :]
1. Extract or copy the FixEboot folder somewhere.
2. Put your EBOOT.BIN in that folder.
3. Run FixEboot.exe
4. Type in an 8 character directory name for the game. it MUST BE 8 CHARACTERS. example: 0000GTA4
4. FixBoot.exe will create a folder with the name BCUS#####, when prompted, put your PIC0.png, ICON0.png,PARAM.SCO, and all your other game data in there. copy your USRDIR and other folders there as well so you'll end up with BCUS00000/USRDIR/EBOOT.BIN for example
5. Enter anything to continue. You'll then be prompted to replace BCUS#####/USRDIR/EBOOT.BIN with the EBOOT.BIN now found in FixEboot folder
6. Enter anything to continue. You'll then be prompted to edit the PARAM.SCO so it uses HG rather than DG mode with the included PS3SFOEdit.exe in the FixEboot folder.
7. Enter anything to continue. Hopefully a working .pkg will be generated ready for installation.
After installing package:
Move USRDIR and all other game files except for the original EBOOT from the original source to hdd0/########/ where ######## is the 8 character directory name you chose at the beginning. so one example could be: hdd0/0000GTA4/USRDIR/GT.vol as a file for the game.
1. In the video, I only copied parts. I did this in order to avoid long waits for the entire contents(!) of GT5 to copy from folder to folder.
2. I haven't tried it on my PS3 myself since I'm still on 3.41....so feedback (testing) is veery appreciated.
3. Thanks a lot to Riku for the method, Geohot, and failoverfl0w
4. Right now I only have version for US games, I'll make others ASAP.
5. Note that when I edited the PARAM.SCO, I changed the gameid and version, that should be left unchanged unless you're mixing SCO's for some reason, I just did this for the example. All you should need to change is DG to HG.
6. This is meant for use with Geohot's 3.55 firmware. will error out on other firmware's because pkg's are run through geohot's finalize.exe app
Hope this helps someone ^_^
IMPORTANT: This isn't working very well, please read http://psx-scene.com/forums/f187/pat...tml#post666961if you wanna try to help.
IMPORTANT: This only works for certain decrypted EBOOTs (need a good version of make self i think) like those from http://psx-scene.com/forums/f187/ebo...ository-74327/ Should be useful for getting decrypted games to run on geohot's 3.55 cfw through pkg's while better methods are developed.
Latest version : Attached
Example Video:[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4dDRgXbOO8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4dDRgXbOO8[/ame] (Full Screen Suggested)
not working for me I get an error right from the start.
:( whats the topmost error?
Originally Posted by EvilEd1215
The first thing that happens for me is that it can't locate the keys. Considering there were none in the zip, that's kinda obvious.
Is there a way to make it works also on pal and jap games? :rolleyes:
Yep that's the top most error, plus is the version of unself the working version or that older version which everyone was having problems with?
Originally Posted by poedgirl
A good start :)
Keep up the work mate :)
Keys? Wow amazingly i didn't get that error a single time o___o Well thanks for the feedback and time all ^^ eviled:it's from about 12 hours ago. vamp:yes i just need to make it look for bces and other regions. Unfortunately apparently i'm the only one not getting key errors though..
i guess that error about keys is cuz people are trying to use it on crypted EBOOTS...
So how to bypass the key error? :(