MX vs ATV Alive Fix - Just in case this helps someone –
So it seems that others are still having issues with MX vs ATV Alive so I will share my previous post in case this may help others. I had posted this on the last MX thread but I don't think many had seen it. Somebody PM'd me today and was very thankful and said they had tried every other solution with a no go but this had finally worked for them. Any mod is welcome to sticky this post or just the fix.
After thinking that the game was setup correctly with my modded eboot and my 2 US updates installed, it turned out I was wrong. I was still having the save issue where it would freeze and not finish saving after completing a race. So I was back to square one.
So I started googling around and I read on a random forum that of the updates that were available for MX vs ATV Alive, the US update and a European update, the European update was the only one that contained an EBOOT of course signed with 3.50 SDK.
So I gave it a random shot in the dark to try the same thing that the LA Noire fix required, and luckily it worked. My MX vs ATV alive copy now works 100% with no freezes on 3.55.
So if anyone with a US copy wants to get it working here are my steps I took to do so. Note - I used the MX vs ATV modded eboot by Mote floating around also
1. download the European patch for the game.
2. copy the original PARAM.sfo from the MX vs ATV game folder to your PC
3. Edit the original PARAM.sfo and change the game title ID to match the one on the European update, which is BLES01192. SAVE IT. Copy PARAM.sfo back to PS3 game folder where you found the original. Overwrite it.
4. Install the patch via package files.
5. Boot game as normal. I used Multiman, booting discless, from internal. I would think that you can boot from external also using BD-Mirror/Select + X
Note - It took a second to load the first time after making the changes, I almost thought it was black screening, but it did load after a moment and now the game works flawlessly with no freezes.
As far as I know, my ps3 has never had an undetected error.