The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
MGS4 WORKING!! No more crash at ATC.4!
MGS4 WORKING!! No more crash at ATC.4! –
I'm using Hermes V2 and Open Manager 1.16
Here you go:
0. Delete any MGS4 installed files and backup files on PS3 if you have any. Keep your save files.
1. Have your MGS4 backup files outside PS3 (on your PC or external hard drive);
2. Run Open Manager on your PS3, press R2 to go to Patched Mode.
3. Press L2+START, OM will ask you if you want to install games to /OMAN46756, select "Yes".
4. Back to PS3 menu.
5. Run your FTP server app (I'm using Blackb0x 1.1).
6. Transfer your MGS4 backup to /OMAN46756/GAMEZ via FTP tools (mine is FlashFXP).
7. Load MGS4 under OM's Patched Mode.
8. Start MGS4 and install everything that requires.
9. Try Act.4!!!!
Maybe there are other better ways, try and post your results here!
BTW, I've tried Tomb Raider Underworld with Patched Mode, no luck
Last edited by zizicici; 10-06-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Oh nice! Well done man this is great news! So it must be the patched mode that enables it to work.
One could use the FTP server in OM i assume? I guess steps would be:
1. L2 + Start, Install to /OMAN46756
2. R2 Initiate patched mode
3. Hit Start, then Circle to initiate FTP
4. Transfer MGS4 to /OMAN46756/GAMEZ via FTP program
5. Load in Patched Mode.
how do people use the ftp mode in open manager? i cant get it to connect at all
Why are you using Hermes v2? It was crap. Grab 3 might of fixed the problem.
I agree. MGS4 no longer crashes at Act 4 as long as you are using a payload that is peek/poke capable with Open Manager versions that are patch compatible.
I'm using N900 PSFreedom with psfreedom.ko compiled from the latest KaKaRoTo github.
anybody know if this works with the new "PSGroove V3 Hermes+Waninkoko+Mathieulh" with the new "update patch" ?
Zumazu i am just about to try it with latest payload it didn't work with latest payload and flex manager. I reinstalled open manager and still didn't work normal or patched even after removing game and re transferred to PS3 from PC. I have now formatted hard drive and reinstalled open manager just transferring MGS4 now will try any minute and let you know. Think i will try patched mode first then normal.
Tried patched mode and got no eboot.bin found now trying normal mode game is currently installing data fingers crossed.
Still rebooting to XMB for me! Even after format and reinstall!
Last edited by MartyB; 10-15-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Crap! But a bit strange, since at least 3 people in this thread have been successful, but hope somebody of them sees this thread again, and can confirm that the game doesn't crash with latest payload and OM/flex/cover-manager..
MartyB: Do you have the opportunity to test the Hermes V2 payload, since the threadstarter used that one?
Anyone else confirmed this non working with v3 HWM and OM 1.16?
Originally Posted by MartyB