The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Looking For Better Detailed Guide For Converting EBOOTS From 3.50 > 3.41
Looking For Better Detailed Guide For Converting EBOOTS From 3.50 > 3.41 –
Anyone know where I can find a Better Detailed Guide For Converting EBOOTS From 3.50 > 3.41..?
All I see is this one, and its not very thorough on how to do some of the steps..
Anybody got a better TUTORIAL ..?
TUTORIAL On how to modify Eboot.bin yourself to try to make it works !
Originally Posted by Veritas?
I've actually written this a few times and promptly lost it due to browser instability. Oops.
Anyway, this guide requires you to have some knowledge of how the SELF and ELF file formats are laid out. I don't have a quick tool to do this for me, but it takes maybe 5 minutes of my time to do it by hand.
1. Open EBOOT.BIN in a hex editor of your preference.
2. In EBOOT.BIN, look at the SELF control info, if you see anything resembling the game titleid, it's an NPDRM SELF and this guide won't work, give up.
3. Use readself on EBOOT.BIN to get information about the encrypted metadata sections.
4. unself EBOOT.BIN eboot.elf
5. Open eboot.elf in a hex editor of your preference.
6. In eboot.elf, go to every encrypted metadata section (now decrypted), copy its data, and replace the encrypted data in EBOOT.BIN.
7. In EBOOT.BIN, change SELF header to indicate it's FSELF.
8. In EBOOT.BIN, change SELF section headers that are marked as encrypted to say they are not encrypted.
9. If the game is a newer SDK version (like GT5, which is 3.50), in EBOOT.BIN, find the .sys_proc_param segment and change the SDK version to something earlier, such as 3.41. This will probably cause crashes in games that actually use newer SDK features that are not available in earlier SDK versions.
10. Save EBOOT.BIN
11. Cross fingers, run game, hope it works.