The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
How to –
Can you then summarize the full process, from the very beginning, and with detailed instructions?
Originally Posted by Tallica
Thanks in advance
So I have been trying without success to get this game to back up and it was until I read all these posts that I was successful in Backing up the game. Above are the 4 steps but it wasn't as detailed so I figured I'd add some color.
Originally Posted by cLsPoT!
- Step 0) Make sure you have a CFW with or without (edit by Tallica) a 3.55 Spoof (this is USB currently but suspect in coming days it will not be required). If you don't have this, this post will not help you and suggest going to a site like ps3break to get the basics of what you are doing.
- Step 1) as stated above go to the Game Data Utility in the XBM menu (under GAME) and see if you've installed patch prior. Select anything that states EA Active 2 and delete.
- Step 2) If you have already backed up the game to the correct directory make sure its installed in the correct directory and you know whether you have the US or EUR version installed. The EUR version is what is floating on the web (but you may also have an original disk). I have the original US version and it was backed up to BLUS30572 directory (the EUR version would be in BLES00965 directory typically). I checked the file locations via FTP but there are many other ways to check file locations. My original back up was done with the Gaia Manager but I suspect you can use other like Multiman or OpenManager. Once you know its installed correctly load the game, do NOT select Patch Memory or anything like that - if it asks you to patch PARAM.SFO file say yes. Do NOT let it start the game from the backup manager, go back to the XBM for step 3.
- Step 3) install the US patch, this is critical depending on the version you are backing up. To find the appropriate patch I used Awesome Update Finder which, when given the appropriate Title ID will find the appropriate patch. If you have the US version, type in BLUS30572 and you should get a link to the right patch (for the US version). Install this file via USB key (under Install Package Files) and let it update the system.
- Step 4, you are now ready to run software for first time, with no issues
Hope this helps debug issues with this game (or potentially other tough games) you are having black screens or error messages with. Happy Backups.
Last edited by pparedes; 01-12-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Originally Posted by pparedes
Very nice writeup, but 1 thing is off, I think.
I'm pretty sure I'm not running any spoof and I was able to backup and able to run the game with Multiman, not directly with MM of course (through the xmb). Discless on top of that.
If you follow all the steps you outline I'm pretty sure you don't need a spoof payload.
Originally Posted by pparedes
Works fine in internal HDD, following your instructions
I'm using MultiMan 1.11.02, and the US patch.
PS3 with firmware 3.41
Do i need to buy straps and body movement or is there a way to play this game with move controller? Thanks..
I was able to start the game.. But I'm not able to play it as I don't have the tracking and monitoring system.. :/