With the recent release of Geohot's 3.55 custom firmware, it was only a matter of time, before backups would be up and running. News is coming in that a user named Riku.kh3 has accomplished just that. He has managed to run Castlevania: Lords of Shadow from his internal hard drive, while on Geohot's 3.55 Custom Firmware. He achieved this by patching the game's main executable file (EBOOT.BIN) and making the PS3 think it's a PSN game.
Download: CastlevaniaLOD_BLES01047_signed_byRikuKH3.rar (33.56 MB)
Originally Posted by riku.kh3 View Post
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (BLES01047) signed&packed EBOOT (33.5MB)
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
1) Install PKG file.
2) Transfer contents of USRDIR folder, EXCEPT EBOOT.BIN, to /devhdd0/game/BLES01047/USRDIR/
Thats all! Tested! The game will work from XMB on retail nonJB 3.41, 3.55 and future versions.
OK, here's the guide to patch your own games:
1) Download and compile latest tools from git.fail0verflow.com Git (old versions of unself produce incorrect ELF)
2) Extract ELF from SELF
3) Hexedit ELF, find and replace dev_bdvd to correct path on dev_hdd0 (not all, but most games require this step)
4) Build NPDRM SELF using Geohot's tools
5) Build package using psn_package_npdrm
6) Patch your builded package using Geohot's tool (only for 3.55 firmware)
That's it. If you can't follow this guide, more detailed guide won't help you.