This is a known problem and I fixed it (but did it months ago) i found my old post on here on howI got it to work:
I'm on kmeaw firmware.
*NOTE THAT dev_hdd0/game and dev_hdd0/GAMES ARE DIFFERENT!!!!*
"GAMES, GAMEZ, ect." are created by backup managers to store your backups. "game" is already there in your ps3!
1. Copied the game over to my hdd0/GAMES folder via FTP
2. Started my PS3 and deleted Dead Rising 2 under the save data and game data utilities on the XMB.
3. Restarted my PS3.
4. Turned it back on and installed the DR2.pkg from the link on page 1 from my USB stick.
5. Copied all of the files from the .rar archive in the link to dev_hdd0/game/BLES00001 via FTP. BLES00001 SHOULD ALREADY EXIST IN THIS DIRECTORY, YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO CREATE IT
6. You can do step 2 a couple different ways depending on how you got the game. If you downloaded it, you can now take the original data folder from your computer and copy it into the BLES00001/usrdir. If you ripped it from Blu-Ray you'll want to navigate to the original dev_hdd0/GAMES/BLES00948/usrdir (that is the euro gameid, if you have the US version it will be different) and copy the data folder from there into the dev_hdd0/game/BLES00001/usrdir.
7. Restart your PS3, run fix permissions, and start the game via eboot. It should now work and you should be able to get onto the platinum strip.
Well i finally got it to work. First of all i was on Wanakoko v2, DR2.pkg got an error (probably not signed with 3.55) so i installed OFW 3.55 then geohot 3.55, still wouldnt install, then installed OFW 3.55 again, then Kmeaw CFW, then the pkg finally installed.
Did everything in quoted post above got black screen, so then I deleted Dead rising 2.pkg file out of DR2.rar before i copied everything in, then made sure i kept usrdir/data folder in GAMES folder and game folder, ran the dead rising 2 that's in XMB game menu below the disc drive option, game installed, then didn't get stuck on loading screens.
When I ran the game from /app_home/PS3_GAME or from the disc drive (with other blue ray inserted not DR2 disc) it tried to install the game again and I didn't let it.
BTW I used the US version.
PS3 Slim 4.21.2 Rebug REX 4.31 Spoof (external 1TB/3TB), PS2 Fat w/ Internal HD