The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Call of duty world at war working discless xmb!
Call of duty world at war working discless xmb! –
Thanks to liam mellows from ngu for discovering this method.
I have tried this and it works booting waw from xmb discless.
first of all you will need the modified eboot for waw. i got mine from installing the 3.41 pkg and ftping the games eboot to my computer. you will also need a psn game installed on your xmb. you will also need the 1.07 update patch for waw.
1. install the 1.07 update pkg to your ps3.
2. open ftp and find a psn game that you installed to your xmb. dev_hdd0/game/xxxxxx
3. replace the psn games USDIR with the waw USRDIR folder. make sure you replace the original waw eboot with the modified one that will let u boot it from xmb. (see attachmant)
4. find the waw update folder mine was //dev_hdd0/game/BLUS30192 and copy the sfo from the update and replace the psn game one with it.
5. boot the psn game that you put the waw files in and it should boot cod waw.
note: the actual 1.07 update wiill not be applied. multiplayer and system link is not working but campaign and coop campaign do, you can also unlock nazi zombies by beating the campaign.
If your psn game disappears from the xmb, just reinstall the psn game pkg and retry
i attached a psn game also thats like 50mb pixel racer to try if you dont have a psn game
Last edited by viper44; 01-24-2011 at 11:24 AM.
Isn't it easier to just create a pkg file to install the game?
It's pretty much the same procedure as for MW1 and MW2 or Split Second, or any of the games that don't work with PL3 or hermes4b/c.
it doesnt work without doing the 1.07 update even if u boot it using a backup manager, so just installed the xmb pkg wont boot it
Originally Posted by lobomau