The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Begging for FW 4.1 JB Help! (PS3KEY/E3 & MultiMann)
Begging for FW 4.1 JB Help! (PS3KEY/E3 & MultiMann) –
MY SYSTEM: PS3 FAT, FW 3.41
JAILBREAK TOOLS AVAILABLE: PS3KEY, and E3Card Reader
WANT TO: Have a JB system that can play backups which require newer FW, preferably using multimans software.
Hey guys, I am hoping somebody can help my total and utter confusion… I have read so many different things, my head is spinning and I have no idea even where to start. Basically, I just want to get my PS3 jail broken and working (to run my game backups) off an external HD. However for now if I could just get it up and running without the external hard drive that would be great since I haven’t purchased one yet. I got the PS3key last year, and was able to add two of my games to the ps3 directly via FTP Server (although it was very buggy). Now I just got some new games which need FW 3.43and wont play from the disk or the back up I made. I tried to update the PS3Key to 4.5 but that still didn’t help.
Im very much a noob to this, and am just doing it to preserve the disks the kids keep losing or ruining. I just want to start all over, and have a ps3 that can play our new game backups from the PS3 (and then eventually from a HDD) with some sort of a GUI. I was looking into multimann, which seems like exactly what I want but Im just so confused. I have no idea even where to start or what to do. I also bought a E3 card reader thinking it would be easier to use but its not. It seems like everything I read contradicts something else, and there so many options to do the same things, but none are working for me.
So can anybody point me in the right direction, or is there a guide to follow anywhere that’s unique to my situation that you may know? Again, im on PS3 Fat 3.41, have PS3Key and E3 card. I just want to run multiman, and be able to play new games which require fw older than 3.41. I would really appreciate any help or advice anybody could give. Also, since I am a noob feel free to really dumb it down for me so I can understand.
Last edited by moxyman; 04-04-2011 at 12:58 AM.
Reason: Meant to say FW was 3.41
Dont make it so difficult. Dongles are out... Go custom firmware. The two standards right now are pretty much 3.55 Kmeaw and Hermes 3.41 just depending on which firmware version you prefer. If you want to keep the ability to use a dongle at all, go 3.41 CFW. No hard resets, better stability, no comparison.
Oh yea, check your firmware again. There isn't even 4.1 out yet for firmware. The latest is 3.60 and if your at 3.56 or 3.60 your screwed for now.
Here is a great place to start.
What you'll need:
1. A pc or computer
2. An external HD or USB storage stick properly formatted to SYSTEM32
3. To flash your firmware, create a folder on the root of the drive named "PS3", inside that folder make another folder named "UPDATE". Put your CFW of choice in that folder, make sure its named "PS3UPDAT.PUP"
4. Go to system update, choose update via storage device.
5. Do it, your done. Everytime you boot from now on you will be auto-jailbroken you could say.
6. Choose a backup manager. Multiman is excellent. Also check out hmanager and Iris Manager depending on which FW you choose to go with.
7. You will now have a spot on your XMB dash that says "install package files"
8. Install your manager thru this section by putting the PKG file for the manager on the root of the drive, plugin to ps3. Do it.
Thats it...your good to go after that. No need for dongles or hard resets that will just ruin the circuitry of you ps3.
As far as I know, my ps3 has never had an undetected error.