The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
BDEMU problem –
I am trying to install MK. I copy it on the HDD, replace the files with the fix, but it won't mount. If I run the game from the USB it shows an error. And no mater what I do it won't enable BD emulation, despite I have put it in every possible folder and installed it from pkg. Please, help, thanks! =)
For a start, make sure you're not running the EU fix for the US version or vice versa. You could also try re-ripping it.
Originally Posted by unnanego
Does BDEmu work for other games? Mortal Kombat requires a disc in the drive to work, but if you're getting an error number it usually means you've not installed the patch properly.
i'm using all the files from bitgamer, so they are both US
anyway, is this fix needed on 3.55?
1. Please see rule #1: PSX-SCENE: Ahoy! - Forum Rules
2. There is a .pkg file you have to install before playing MK and the PARAM.SFO has to be edited for 3.55 or you have to let your BM change it for you (Rogero's and MM will ask if you want it changed when loading the game).
3. If you tried to load the game before installing the package, delete the whole game off your HDD and delete anything for MK in the Game Data Utility. Install the package and then re-backup the game/copy only original files to your PS3 (you shouldn't need to modify any files other then the PARAM.SFO (only if you don't want your BM to do it for you) in order to get this game to run) and then try to run it.
4. BDEMU.bin is something needed by MM and Iris Manager. If you haven't installed the package for it, you'll get the error whenever you try to load any backup. You can find the BDEMU.pkg by going to the PS3 Game Backup sub-forum, find the MultiMan sticky thread, and click the paperclip on the far right. Scroll down/search until you find BDEMU.rar. Download, extract, put it on a thumb drive, install via Install Packages. The error should now go away.
well, as I mentioned, I installed the package, even tried to download it from different sources, but it still tells me bd emu won't load! anyway, thanks for the help, will try to follow your instructions. I once managed to run the game, but there was that supermoves glitch, so I deleted the game and can't get it running again, despite that I do everything the same way, as far as I consider
The first time I ran it, I hadn't installed the package first. So, I got the freeze during the MK logo. So, what I did to fix it was as follows:
1. FTP into my PS3 and delete the game off the internal HDD
2. Go into Game Data Utility and remove any game data for MK
4. Reinstall .pkg file for MK
5. FTP into PS3, store MK on external HDD instead
7. Load MM, scroll down to MK, load with disk in drive, play from disk icon.
Hope that helps. I did see an eboot/param patch floating around out there, but then I read that the 1.01 update is what fixes the special moves. I d/led the eboot/param fix, but never installed it, as the 2nd time I tried w/ the above instructions, everything worked fine.
Edit: Now, when you say you installed the package, are you talking the BDEMU package or the MK package? Because BDEMU.pkg is for backup support in MM and the MK package is the 1.01 update for MK to get it working. You'll need bdemu.pkg installed so you can load backups and you'll need the MK package installed to be able to play MK.
hmm, I actually don't have any pkg exept the patch and all guides in the internet say that I just need to put the game in the GAMES folder and install pkg with the patch and run it with MM, but it just won't mount - the game on the disc remains
i don't get the 5th one: ftp to ps for what? doesn't it say to leave it on the external?
That's because you don't have BDEMU.pkg installed. Once again, BDEMU is the backup support files for MM. Without it, MM won't load any backups. See my above instructions of how to find the BDEMU.pkg file.
Edit: I have my external HDD hard-wired to my PS3, so I just FTP to it instead of hooking it up to my computer to copy games. Get it on your external however you see fit. BTW: are you trying to load US or EU version of MK?
Edit #2: MK v.1.01 Update that I'm talking about: http://www.multiupload.com/ZQ01FTNPTC
Edit #3: BDEMU.pkg needed for MM to load any backups: http://psx-scene.com/forums/attachme...bdmv-bdemu.rar
if i run the game with rogero 8.2 it just tuns off and beeps once