[Tutorial]Launch PSN Games from Multiman –
Thought I would write this up as its something i've been playing around with recently.
If your like me and prefer to see all your games in one place, namely multiman, then try this out.
Launch PSN Games from multiman like any other PS3 backup.
1. Install your PSN package game like you normally would
2. In multiman go into file manager and navigate to /dev_hdd0/game
3. Find the corresponding game folder to the game you just installed eg. 'Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell HD' = NPEB00527
4. Copy this folder to your USB game folder /dev_usb000/GAMES
5. Now rename the copied folder to something meaningful eg./dev_usb000/GAMES/NPEB00527 becomes /dev_usb000/GAMES/[Splinter Cell HD]-NPEB00527
6. Inside the [Splinter Cell HD]-NPEB00527 folder create a new folder called PS3_GAME eg. /dev_usb000/GAMES/[Splinter Cell HD]-NPEB00527/PS3_GAME
7. Now move all files inside /dev_usb000/GAMES/[Splinter Cell HD]-NPEB00527/ into the PS3_GAME folder.
8. Go back to your Game list and refresh it, the new game will appear
9. Mount the game
10. When kicked back to XMB start the game from App_home not the disc icon
-You don't always need to copy all files sometimes just creating the file structure and copying the eboot.bin and param.sfo is enough.
-I also think the reverse maybe true for some other games that don't work copying only eboot.bin eg. leave behind only eboot.bin param.sfo TROPDIR in the /dev_hdd0/game folder.
-Creating a shadow copy of the USRDIR may also work? edit:Nope
Please note i'm on TB CFW but i'm fairly sure it will work on any FW that hasn't had App_home removed from the XMB
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell HD -Working
Watchmen The End is Nigh Part 1 -Working
Zombie Apocalypse -Working
Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection Online -Working copied eboot and param only
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD -Working copied eboot and param only
Modern Combat Domination -Working
Marvel vs Capcom 2 -Working copied eboot and param only
God Of War Chains Of Olympus -Working
Matt Hazard Blood Bath & Beyond -Working
TMNT: Turtles in time Reshelled -Working
Section 8 -Working
Dungeon Hunter Alliance -Not Working
Risk Factions -Working
From Dust -Not Working (due to TB or Cobra dongle, may work on regular CFW)
Driver San Francisco -Working
Last edited by sealhealy; 05-14-2012 at 02:52 AM.
PS2 Fat 500GB Internal HDD, fMCB, OPL0.9
PS3 BC 1TB 3.55 TBCFW 2TB external
PS3 320GB 3.55 Rebug CFW E3 downgrade