The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
E3 Card Reader will not downgrade my PS3
E3 Card Reader will not downgrade my PS3 –
I have a PS3 Slim, with 3.5 firmware upgraded from 3.42.
I tried all of the steps to "downgrade" my PS3 to get it into service mode, it will not go into service mode.
I guess this device does not work.
I don't know if I will get any support here, but this is is my last hope.
If you are following all steps correctly, then remember to power cycle your PS3 (unplug power cord prior to inserting E3, then powering on.)
Remember to use the e3downgrade12.03 file in the upgrader drive (it will turn blue)...dont use the dual boot bin file yet!
Props to the guy that wrote this... Alukado I think!
1. Insert E3 Card Reader that has been programmed with the downgrade software into your PS3.
2. Turn on the console using the same boot method as all other jailbreaks: Press power then immediately press eject. Your console will turn on and E3 Card Reader will light up the red LED followed by the blue LED.
3. Turn off system via menu.
4. Remove E3 Card Reader dongle and turn on console to make sure you are in Factory/Service Mode. You will see a huge red box on the screen saying Factory/Service Mode. Turn the PS3 off again.
5. Load any blank FAT32 USB flash drive with 2 files in the root directory:
1. Modified 3.41 PUP
2. Lv2Diag.self (File 1)
6. These must be the only files on the USB drive and must be placed in the main (root) directory.
7. Insert flash drive into the last USB port to the right — the first USB port in from the right side if you’re facing the console. Turn the PS3 on and you will see a black screen but the PS3 HDD light will flash.
8. The process takes 3-4 minutes for the system to install the old firmware. Towards the end, the power button on the console will start flashing green and then your console will power off.
9. Remove the flash drive and turn on the console, you will still be in Factory/Service Mode. Please verify you have downgraded successfully to version 3.41 by going to “System Information”. Turn the PS3 off.
10. (Optional) – If you wish to downgrade to any older firmware you can follow steps 4, 5, 6 using any regular firmware PUP. (You do not need to use modified custom firmware now that you are on 3.41).
11. Insert USB flash drive back into your PC and delete the PUP and Lv2Diag.self file (File 1) and copy the other Lv2Diag.self (File 2) to the root of the flash drive.
12. Insert USB flash drive back into the same USB port on the PS3 and power on your PS3. After 10 seconds it will power off.
13. Remove USB flash drive and turn on your console again. You will be out of Factory/Service mode and back in retail mode with your chosen firmware version installed. You will need to go through and configure everything again — PS3 video, audio etc…
Once you’re done you can restore E3 Card Reader with the dual-booting Hermes v4b and PL3 software. Download that right here (copy the bin to E3Upgrader again). Now it’s all homebrew to your heart’s content.
Last edited by PiKeYtRoG; 01-01-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Reason: quoted from the chap who originally wrote it...
Thanks, I got it finally to work...
Good man. If you need any of the payloads let me know if you are struggling to find them. Kinda good how any payload for any board will work