E3 Card Reader Review by DCEmu Reviews
Here is a snippet of our review...
E3 Card Reader microSDHC PSGroove
Manufacturer: E3 Card
Overview : E3card Reader is a personal mass-storage security assistant. It works as a multi-function SD card reader for users. Itís your own file security expert. In basic mode, a normal SD card once accessed by the E3card reader will not recognize by normal PCs or other normal card readers. For meeting various requirements coming from different kinds of customers, lots of encryption algorithm will be released and all of them are easy to download from our official website. In general, from preschooler to senior, if you have digital security requirement, the E3 would be the best choice.
Our products are easy to upgrade. Even for children (DO NOT let children under 6-years-older use this product, as they could accidentally eat the card reader and/or the SD cards) they just need to copy a file into a removable driver which named E3Upgrader by a simply Drag-and-Drop access, and then everything is done.
Drag-and-Drop is a well accepted standard used by most of the desktop-based operation-system such as Windows, Mac OS (coming from Apple) and lots of Linux system. No dedicated application need to download, No complex access need to learn, and No differences among different environments, to accomplish these objects, using the Drag-and-Drop upgrading mode seems to be the only way for us to make a very friendly tools for our precious customers.
Armed with an internal 4MB memory stick, the ability to read/write various type of SD cards, E3 team have been trying to supply more and more functions but not only the personal file security services. We have licensing some impressive teams to get lots of good works available for our customer. And we welcome teams all around world to join us to create an exciting product. About the third-party application, please refer to our official website E3 Card Reader, New Generation PC Card Reader.
E3 makes Everything Easy and Efficient.
- 32bit processor with 128K flash, has strong processing rate and high expand space.
- MicroSD SDHC supported and can load software and game from it.
- Multi-System supported and includes WinXP/Vista/Win7/Mac OS/Linux. This means you can upgrade and use E3 Card Reader in most OS.
- 4MB FLASH on-board, so you can save any PS3 software very conveniently. For example, you can copy any homebrew application.
- Super-Drag-Plug upgrade mode. Just copy BIN file and paste into E3 Card, finishes upgrading in 1 second. No need for any extra upgrader.
- Dual firmware booting mode. The latest Hermes v4b and KaKaRoTo firmware is integrated into one code and you can use any of them by yourself. No need to re-flash code.
- Supports any free PSGroove files like Hermes & KaKaRoTo.
- E3 Card Reader has CE, FCC and RoHS certification. It is a safer and environmental product and comes with 2 year warranty.
- PS3 Console (fat or slim)
- Console (firmware) version 3.41 only
- Remove all discs from the drive
- Do not connect any devices to the console via USB
IMPORTANT: The console must be completely switched off before using E3 Card Reader. For fat versions, use the switch at the rear. For slim versions, unplug power cable. This is extremely important for the process to work correctly when you start the console.
Quality/Usability : The newest jailbreak device to hit the market is E3 Card Reader but they don't advertise it as one (smart). They aim it towards a card reader/storage device. The first thing to pop into you head is...it looks just like an iPod Shuffle, but it's not. It has 128k flash, works on WinXP/vista/Win7/MacOS/Linux and 4MB of programmable on-board flash.
The device is made of good quality plastic. Unlike some, the E3 Card's casing consists of two pieces...front and back. They are both snapped together. So with a little force, you can easily separate both of them and expose the innards.
Please note that none of the "upgrade" products listed in this site are endorsed by Nintendo, Sony and/or Microsoft. DCEmu Reviews and DCEmu Network does not condone piracy. The primary functions of a "modchip" and/or "flashcart" are to allow you to play imported games and homebrew software that you legally own or simply just for experimenting with hardware. We in no way endorse piracy, and encourage all users to do the right thing and support the developers/manufacturers that support them. We do not take any responsibilities for any use outside of these parameters or where the use of such a device is illegal.
You can read the full review at E3 Card Reader microSDHC PSGroove