The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
PranksterAvr (This Dongle Accepts Any .hex!)
PranksterAvr (This Dongle Accepts Any .hex!) –
Adrian from pranksteravr.com sent me this dongle to review,
what is prankster avr? well,
Prankster AVR is a small USB stick which can be programmed into multiple modes. It uses the ATmega family for its internal IC. This means it can be programmed very easily with a simple click of an exe file from your PC.
This dongle is originally a prank device which features include
Here's an Explanation of each hack:
But the device was hacked by some guy called Syh0r, to enable it to be turned into an eclips3. And that means,
* 1. Caps Locker - Will toggle the caps lock key on the keyboard
* 2. Numlocker - Will toggle the NumLock key on the keyboard
* 3. Help me! - Will press F1, which will bring up the help screen on your PC
* 4. Who is BOB? - Will write "BOB" on the screen if you are in a text editor (word etc). Who is bob?!
* 5. FBI - Same as above, but with the words FBI
* 6. ET phone home! - Will press the Home key and move the cursor to start of the line
* 7. Schizophrenia - Will Page up or down!
You can flash multiple firmwares on the device, and it even allows you to import a cutsoms payload, or just the whole HEX. Some of the device have Atmegas, some have PICs,our firmware supports rewriting all of the address lines for 8 different types of chips on the fly!
Now For the test portion of my review,
I received it after very speedy shipping
i received the dongle in a big air mailer bubble envelope and inside that was another smaller padded envelope ^_^
this way it made it to me nice and safe,
i took out the dongle and plugged it into my pc and used the following method to reprogram the dongle and it's bootloader,
1.downloaded the .exe to reprogram the dongle itself to accept the .hex files,
2.downloaded the eclipse updater and flashed my first firmware onto it,
3. i reprogrammed it with psgroove_maximus_at90usb162_16mhz_firmware_3_41.he x
4. plugged it into my ps3 and hit the switch in the back then hit the power button followed by the eject button and whatta ya know it works like a charm ^_^
Now the nice thing about this dongle is it can use just about any .hex file that you can throw at it, and as mentioned before you can also import custom payloads in the form of a .bin file
so that about wraps it up for my review of the pranksteravr dongle if you have any questions don't hesitate to contact Adrian or myself here on the forums ^_^
also attached are the files to get you going with this new dongle ^_^
And if your interested in picking one up stop by one of these guy's sites
Canada/US - http://www.modchipcentral.com/store/...cat=256&page=1
Australia - http://www.ozmodchips.com/prankster-avr-usb-p-321.html
Last edited by Dangwoot; 10-19-2010 at 11:33 PM.
Now, this is a little different! I'm going to re-name it to "Frank The Prank".
Bahaha this dongle is pretty kewl
PS3 Phat with 500GB
1 TB External
AVRKEY (ATMEGA32U2) - 32KB Onboard Flash Memory
Future List -
- PS3 Move Set
Thank you Geohot and fail0verfl0w for fully hacking the PS3.
indeed it is and the fact that it can accept just about any .hex file is a huge plus in my book.
Well, so will this development board that I've bought as well. Can't wait to get it to test!
Originally Posted by Dangwoot
yep but this board will accept even pic .hex files as well it says it'll accept 8 different types of chips hex files
8 different chipsets? I didn't realize that part!