I had the opportunity to test the new product from PS3 USBJailBreak, the PS3 USBJailBreak AT64HD External Enclosure.
Basically it is the union of PS3 dongle USBJailBreak AT64S with a hard disk Sata 2.5.* We have the advantage of using a disk of a laptop that was upgraded, or the PS3's own if suffered an upgrade. We can put a Sata hard drive 2.5 we want.
The pack* included with the HD box, the circuit board USBJailBreak AT64HD PS3, USB 2.0 cable which can connect two USB ports.*
[B]Attention[/B ]is not mandatory to use the two ports. You can only use one, the other is only to assist more energy to the disc. I tried playing with the PS3 moves USBJailBreak AT64HD and works without problems
The design of the box is slim and sleek, the material used is made of two types. The bottom is made of plastic, the top is made of aluminum because of increased warming as the disc may have. Not an ugly external HD box, even enjoyed. And it is very practical because it slim. The box is very light, the only heavyweight who feels it is the hard drive.
The operation of USBJailBreak PS3 AT64HD is exactly like the PS3 USBJailBreak AT64S. If you already work with AT64S will not have any problem with the AT64HD.
The AT64HD, is 100% upgradeable and you can choose what you want paylod. Until he can put the console into service mode, if the update We AT64HD for this purpose. Its operation can be verified with the lights of information.
*I tried running without a hard drive, and was amazed that it worked smoothly. It worked*with the homebrew available.
- Two in one system ( Dongle + HD )
- Drawing to be slim
- Does not occupy all the usb ports from PS3
- It is upgradeable and you can select the payload you want
- It's fast
- The only weight*is on the hard drive.
- If you don't have hard drive, the AT64HD work without problems.
- Suports USB 2.0
- Suports OS: Windows XP/Vista/Seven ; Linux ; MAC OS 8.6 ou above
- All material should be aluminum and should have a fan for cooling. But so has changed the look and was not slim.
- The impression that it is fragile due to the interlocking system. In the electronic circuit board is not secured with screws, but a snap.
Despite the disadvantages i recommend this product. I tried off and on purpose to see if AT64HD caused a failure, and update several times the payload. The AT64HD behaved very well without any flaws and is fast.
You can see the video test I did
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85YI6L6nduM]YouTube - Testing the new PS3USBJAILBREAK AT64HD External Enclosure 2.5 Slim HDD by PSXLIBRE[/ame]
Thank USBJailBreak PS3 for having provided a unit to test and do this review.
You can see my other reviews here.