The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
PS3KEY and PS3 Firmware 3.55
PS3KEY and PS3 Firmware 3.55 –
I tried a lot!
So how am i going to install homebrew etc?
If it is possible please step by step, you make my son very happy!
Thnx for now!
Well i think that you should read at least the main news page, you would have understood that it's actually impossible to jailbreak (technically speaking, to use any dongle) on the firmware 3.55 !
Geohot seems to release (soon ?) a custom 3.55 firmware to be able to run Homebrews on 3.55. No dongle will be needed, and your PS3Key will be useless. Kakarotos is going to do a downgrader from 3.55 to 3.41 so you can use your PS3KEY.
So until that, wait.. and read a little bit before posting
In about 48 hours time, our beloved PS3Keys will become the refuse of the past - that is, as long as you only intend to use homebrew apps (emulators, ftp, etc), when Geohot releases his dongle-free, Jailbreak 3.55 CFW (Custom FirmWare).
A short time after that, another scene member will modify the CFW, enabling backups and a multitude of other yummy things. PS3Key, and the multitudes of cloners out there will vainly release their own 3.55 updates - but it'll be too late.
The day of the dongle is done. Enjoy your new, dongle-free PS3 - now with EVERYTHING.
PS3Key is dead. Long live the PS3.
crossing my fingers for a weekend release too
Hi, i have updated my PS3key to 4.5.
My ps3 have the newest 3.55 firmware.
I cannot get this PS3key working? what am i doing wrong? Do i need to downgrade the ps3 firmware?
I thought the 4.5 updated PS3key would be okay with the 3.55?
Or is the meaning of 3.55 spoof that its "tricks" the PS3 into thinking that it has 3.55 firmware when it originally has 3.50 or 3.41 etc?
Please help anyone.
Originally Posted by DRIFTER
Winna winna winna!
Originally Posted by DRIFTER
Can you play backups on it?
Or what are the geohot cf features?
1. Run the PS3KeyUpdater.exe application in Windows.
2. Connect PS3Key to your PC in update mode. To do this, simply insert it and remove it a few
times in until both of the LEDs (both red and blue) light up at the same time.
3. Choose "File" and "Open" and then select the update file (ps3key_v2.upd).
4. Click "Update Now" at the top of the screen. This will only be active when the PS3Key is
connected to your PC and both the red and blue LEDs are lit.
5. That's it! The progress bar will indicate when the update has been applied.
6. It is now safe to remove PS3Key from your PC and continue to enjoy using it with the
New features in v2:
1. Now supports peek/poke commands.
2. Backups on USB HDD can now run without an original game in the BluRay drive.
3. Works with Backup Manager 2.
We hope that you enjoy the update and thank you for your continued support for PS3Key!
The PS3Key Team
Official PS3Key Website
Web search related information will be able to help you, there are people to help you not to worry, I wish you good luck