The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Help !!!!!!!!!!!! 1st time user using PS3 Cheats Editor
Help !!!!!!!!!!!! 1st time user using PS3 Cheats Editor –
I've followed this guide :
How to add the cheat codes to an EBOOT? By Aldo
1. Download, install & run PS3 Cheats Editor 2.4.1
2. Select a game from the database
3. Select the cheats that you want to apply (use Ctrl+click to select multiple cheats)
4. Press Ctrl+E to select the EBOOT.BIN of the game to be patched (make sure that it is the same version)
5. Press Ctrl+P to apply the selected cheats
6. Press Ctrl+J to save the patched EBOOT.ELF as EBOOT.BIN
7. Copy the EBOOT.BIN to the USRDIR folder (if it is a retail eboot) or make a PKG if it is a PSN game or update EBOOT
Options for 4, 5 & 6 are available in the context menu found at the bottom-right of the window (hover the mouse over the Patch ELF button)
But when I get to step 4 I get a "error: could not decrypt EBOOT.BIN"
What game is it?
Is there a folder the cheat program looks in for keys?
It's Max Payne 3
Originally Posted by indirect76
I extracted the EBOOT file and opened it with the program.
I'm getting this error too with the couple of games I've tried (TOV and Shin Hokuto Musou, both JP version). Is it even worth the hassle considering I'm on 4.21? I'm assuming this is the only way, if it even works.
I notice in the scetool\data folder it asks for you to provide your own act.dat and idps. Maybe that has something to do with it?