The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
Post By thugnit1019
Post By thugnit1019
Fuse Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas into once epic game on ps3!!
Fuse Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas into once epic game on ps3!! –
IT WORKS HERE IS THE TUTORIAL TO DO IT FOR YOUR PS3!!
***YOU HAVE TO START A NEW GAME FIRST BEFORE YOU MOD ANYTHING!!! READ BOTTOM FOR MORE INFO***
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT OTHERWISE YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO START A NEW GAME. START A NEW GAME AND SAVE IT AS SOON AS THE WHITE LIGHT COMES UP AS SOON AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN THAN YOU CAN EXIT AND FOLLOW THE TUTORIAL. ANY PROBLEMS READ THE BOTTOM AND LEAVE A POST!
- Ok so heres the tutorial your gonna need the files from the site above then extract them into a new folder.
- In the new folder you made make another folder name RFCW.
- Copy your Fallout - Voices.bsa and Fallout - MenuVoices.bsa and Fallout3.esm and your MUSIC folder from you ***FALLOUT 3*** data folder into the RFCW folder.
- Put the *FALLOUT3 - NEWCONTENT.BSA in the RFCW folder you need this file.
- Their will be a data folder in the new folder you made that you extracted go into it and copy the esm named RFCW_PackageFix.esm and the esps named RFCW_Main.esp and RFCW_MagicSewerTravelPoint.esp to the RFCW folder and if you have any dlc for fallout 3 or new vegas copy the esps with the corresponding name to the dlcs you have also to the RFCW folder. Now go back to the new fodler you made and go into the Requiem for the Capital Wasteland folder in their and copy the Fallout - ArchiveInvalidation file into the RFCW folder this file is necessary and very important now go into the ESPs folder and copy all the esps in their into the RFCW folder.
- Now comes the .ini editing.
- Open your Fallout.ini from your New Vegas folder and press CTRL+F and find sEssentialFileCacheListE= and you want to add to that att the very beggining after the equal sign DATA/*.ESM, and delete and .esms in that line including the falloutnv.esm if its their. the *.esm will make it load all .esm's and /esp's in the correct order automatically and saves a ton of typing for you.
- Now in that same line add this DATA/FALLOUT3 - MENUVOICES.BSA, DATA/FALLOUT3 - NEWCONTENT.BSA, after DATA/FINAL_MASTER_XML.DAT.
- If you have dlc and it says anything about it in your .ini most likely if you have the ultimate edition new vegas with the dlc on the disc then read at the bottom of the post.
- Now press CTRL+F and find *SArchiveList=* and after the = infront of the FALLOUT - TEXTURES.BSA add this *Fallout - ArchiveInvalidation.bsa, * and change bInvalidateOlderFiles=0 to bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 these are both necesarry if you don't do either one the game will not load.
- I know a lot of people when they mod they add the .esm to the STestFile= at the top and don't ever do that it can cause major glitches and not necessary the DATA/*.ESM you put in earlier will load all .esm and .esp files in the data folder without putting it anywhere else.
- Save your .ini file and remember where is because now you need to transfer that .ini to your Fallout New Vegas backup on your ps3 and replace the old one.
- Now copy all the files from the the RFCW folder into your New Vegas backup Data folder overwrite anything it asks because it's most likely just music and copy the same files to the Data folder in your New Vegas ***GAMEDATA*** folder usually located at *Dev_hdd0/game/Blus30500 but Blus30500 may be different im using the english new vegas version should work for all versions.
- Now if you did everything right and put all the files in the right folders it should work their are some glitches and you will have to start a new game so read below.
- You must start a new game to play theirs a serious glitch that cause it to wipe all your quests and items if you load a old game that doesn't have it.
- What you have to do as i mentioned at the top you must start a new game *WITHOUT ANY MODS OR THIS MOD* and save it as soon as you can when the white light appears if you have dlc you wanna save it before it adds the dlc items to your pack because you want the save to be before you get any items or quests otherwise it'll wipe them.
- After you save you can exit and follow the tut to install the mod and load the save at the white light you might be off the bed which is common but won't affect anything you select your race and play and to get to the Capital Wastelands it automatically adds a marker on your map just north of the startin point called Capital Wasteland Manhole travel their and go in and boom your in the capital wastelands im not sure if you can do quests from their but i will try soon their supposed to work but might not but u still have a whole new world to explore and if you have fallout 3 dlc like the mothership zeta it should be their.
If you have issues with dlc make sure you place the dlcs .esm and .bsa into the data folder and add the .BSA file into the *sEssentialFileCacheListE=* for example for mothership zeta you would add *DATA/ZETA - SOUNDS.BSA* and also to the *SArchiveList=* for example for mothership zeta you would add *ZETA - SOUNDS.BSA,* and any other .bsa for the dlc.
This is the Q and A which is basicaly a Troubleshoot from the mod which applies the same to the ps3 version
Q: My Fallout NV crashes upon loadup!
A: You've most likely messed up the load order or there is an issue with a plugin. Load each plugin one by one, with the exception of the two travel points, which must be loaded together.
Q: My menu won't load up the options.
A: This is a result of mod conflicts in most cases. First, run your game with only RFCW enabled. If it loads normally, then it's not a problem with RFCW. Re-enable your mods one by one until you find the mod generating the conflict. You will then need to choose to either deactivate the mod, or try repositioning it in your load order until it no longer conflicts. Creating a merged patch with FNVEdit can also alleviate problems.
Q: The Capital Wasteland is completely filled with red markers.
A: Somehow the installation of the meshes, textures, and other assets has gone wrong. Re-install, following the instructions carefully on each step. If that fails, you may attempt to extract the Fallout 3 BSA files according to the .9b instructions, but this is not an officially supported method.
Q: I can't hear voices/the radio/music from Fallout 3. What gives?
A: The problem is the same as the above. Something has installed improperly. Follow the same instructions as above.
Q: There's a single/a few red markers.
A: If it's only one or two, and not a ton, make a note on the comments thread in the forum noting where you saw it. Otherwise, the installation has gone wrong and you should follow the instructions above. Please make sure that it is not because of another mod you have installed before reporting anything. Also, remember that at this time the DLC are not officially supported.
Q: The NPCs won't move properly, it's like they're stuck! What can I do?
A: There are several fixes for this. First, try waiting for an hour in the area. This will fix most mundane problems. Failing that, fast travel to another location, wait, then fast travel back.
Q: Will Fallout 3 mods work?
A: Maybe. There is no guarantee any given mod will work. However, simple mods, in general, should be compatible, such as those that add additional items. When in doubt, test and see for yourself.
Q: Will Fallout New Vegas mods still work?
A: Yes. Some may cause issues, but for the most part they work just fine.
Q: (Any generic question about a problem)
A: Almost all problems are generated by the user making a mistake with these instructions, I took time to write this, take the time to read it.
Last edited by tthousand; 04-26-2012 at 03:17 AM.
I fixed it for you and removed your signature. Links to that site aren't allowed here
It definitely looks interesting. Thanks for letting us know
Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Thank you very much for posting fixing it for me! The only reason i put that link in my signature was because it wouldn't let me post any links in the post. So onto the mod everything works great but unfortunately theirs one major glitch and that is that the manhole back to the mojave desert doesn't work. The manhole to the capital wasteland works and everything in the capital wasteland works even QUESTS but unfortunately the manhole back to mojave doesn't work so i am trying to fix that right now and when i do i will write a better easier to understand 4-5 step tutorial hopefully i will fix it in a day or two but keep checking back at this as one way or another i will get it fixed even if i have to get both fallout 3 and new vegas for the pc and remake some of the mod myself.
Sorry for not posting for a while i've still been trying to fix the manhole so far unsuccessfully but i think i made some progress finally tonight. While trying to fix the manhole for no reason Fallout stopped loading the mods and refused to load them again even after deleting all the game data and reinstalling but i think i finally found the source of most if not all of the glitches from the mod and that is the plugin version. When the game refused to load the plugins anymore it was pretty irritating as i couldn't figure out why but after downloading a bunch of misc. mods and testing them and seeing some of them working fine and other not loading at all i realized it had to be something to do with the plugins and so i started loading all the plugins one by one and found which ones worked and which ones didn't and opened them all in the fallout plugin utility and noticed all the ones that wouldn't load right were all version 1.34 while all the ones that worked perfect were 1.32 so i figured that had to be it for some reason the game stopped loading version 1.34 plugins and refused to load them so my only option was to convert all 1.34 plugins to 1.32 but the only way i knew of to do that was which the pc program G.E.C.K. and that requires you to have the pc game and i don't so i opened 3 version 1.32 plugins and 3 version 1.34 plugins in a hex editor and check their headers and found the 1.32 headers and the 1.34 headers and replaced the 1.34 headers with 1.32 headers and saved it and loaded it and voila it loaded the .esp fine so i'm gonna try this with the reqiuem mod and hope that solves the problem i will be able to say hopefully tomorrow as to wether or not it works so keep checking back as one way or another i will fix this.
Last edited by thugnit1019; 05-01-2012 at 04:07 AM.