The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
thatīs a good idea please keep on going
Originally Posted by khaze
i think its realy awesome what you are doing !! my question is can you do it whit this game?? Imabikisou
i wish i can do it but i am to big a noob to do it
I wish someone could translate the text messages cause those are a lot harder for people like me with limited Japanese knowledge to understand (no voiceovers).
Anyway, Atlus USA planning to localize this is good news!
i can't get the game to run with a modified eboot, think i've tried all that i can.
we need someone more experienced in the eboot area, sorry
My ps3 died. YLOD
I don't have a heat gun available at the moment so it will take some time until I get my ps3 working again (if I can get it working again)
So, I can't try the new bmd files.
If someone can, do it and record the cutscene and I'll put it in the 1st page.
The more views the better, and hopefully more help
(I wonder if we could get featured in the front page hihihi xD)
Originally Posted by A.Kashanian
and i have a question..
what is data of offset 22h
@nashcat that's not all about the file that has changed. Here I explain all the things I found out about these bmd files.
First of all sorry about my English >_<, this makes things a little complicated
This it the content of 'in_mail.bmd' located in 'cellphone' folder
The Red section is the File Header contains file signature, File Size and the End of Subtitles offset and etc.
The Green section is Table of Contents. This section contains the Subtitle addresses and the offset of this section is really important because any address in this file is related to this offset. I think the offset for all the bmd files must be 0x1C (28). all I know about this section is:
- 0x001A (25) is the count of Subtitles in this file, it says this file contain 25 different Subtitles.
- 0x1F9C (8092) is the End of Subtitles offset [0x1FB4 (8116)] minus 0x18 (24); 0x1FB4-0x18=0x1F9C or 8116-24=8092. I don't know what really this 0x18 (24) is but I check some other bmd files and figured 0x18 is a constant number in all of them.
- 0x78 and 0x120 are the relative addresses of the 1st subtitle and 2nd subtitle. these addresses are related to the Table of Content address. if the Table of Contents offset is 0x1C it must add to the above addresses to get the actual address in the file. (0x78+0x1C or 0x120+0x1C)
The Blue, Purple, Brown and Orange Sections are the body of Subtitles, this image shows 3 different subtitles in the file. I only explain the blue section because all the Subtitles have a similar structure.
- The first 32 bytes (0x20 bytes) are reserved for subtitle name (msg_000), the character code length of this part are 1 byte.
- 0x0005 is the count of subtitle lines in a specific subtitle section. It says this subtitle has 5 lines.
- 0xB4 and 0xBE are the relative addresses of the 1st Line and the 2nd line of the subtitle. These addresses are related to Table of Contents offset just like 0x78 and 0x120 explain above; must be added to 0x1C to get the actual address of the line in the file (0xB4+0x1C or 0xBE+0x1C)
Again excuse me for my poor English. I hope this'll be useful ^_^
Last edited by A.Kashanian; 03-05-2011 at 02:06 AM.
Thank You for the explanation, it will be useful, but not only for Catherine translation. I am translating P3P to my language right now and the similarities between files are so huge, that this guide can be used for P3P with just a few tweaks. Thanks a lot for the explanation!
Originally Posted by A.Kashanian
And of course good luck to all the people involved in the Catherine translation project!!
Last edited by Gracek; 03-05-2011 at 05:27 AM.
I wonder what the differences will be in the Us /jap version of this game. Is there anything in the jap version that you think would get edited out in North America?
how is your bmd modifier coming along?, i think it's the key to get this project moving forward
i'd love to see this project finished, im not really relying on the NA release like alot of others here.