Special Ops - You can play though all of special ops (no saving) - No online multiplayer- will crash if selected (split screen might work - didn't test)
Campaign - get to the end of the tutorial and get booted back to the menu, go to "mission select" then "ACT 1" and select next mission (repeat everytime you finish a mission) You can play though 99% of the campaign (ends when you go over the waterfall) - no saving
Multiplayer - Doesn't function at all
I have found a way to boot Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 on jailbreak
What you need is the demo
And a copy of the retail game i am using BLES00686
1. Install the demo to your hard drive.
2. Delete sfo from your BLES00686 directory
3. Delete EBOOT.bin, default.self and default_mp.self from BLES00686/PS3_GAME/USRDIR
4. Re-name the "PS3_GAME" folder of your BLES00686 directory to NPEB90263
5. copy to dev_hdd/game over-writing the demo
6. delete sellScreen.bik from NPEB90263/USRDIR
7. Boot Directly from the XMB.
game will boot and you can play the only problem is you cannot save, probably because the EBOOT.BIN doesn't have the instruction to save as it is from the demo.
recommended file deletes (optional):
anything starting with mp_ (multiplayer data- multiplayer does not work so therefore unneeded)