But, unfortunately, it does not work as supposed. At least, from games I own, none is working after modifying eboot.bin with this tool (yes, I create folder as supposed, I copy all files except eboot.bin where I should...). Somewhere else I have found that success rate is 1 out of 20 games.
same problem here mate gutted:mad:
Originally Posted by bane_m
seems that some games need to have the param. sfo file point to the original file, i know the way i said it sounds weird but read this and hopefully that will make it a bit clearer, its how i got Split second working
hey iv sussed it out guys you need the original eboot from a disk non modifed eg i downloaded some games and obvisly they been edited before for older JB and stuff i just done a good few games on the trott with brand new eboots from disk and it works perfectly so would be good if everyone posted a lot off origanal eboots so we can back them up for future use :) even name them instead of eboot.bin to the game id eg BLES00570.bin and upload them and share a link do u think a thread should be made i think so but am poo at making threads i have a lot off origanal eboots i could share
3D. Game Heroes of Dragon-Age? I want to try the games out first, weather they actually have a demo on the PSN or not. But trying to get a game to run is too conviluted . . . . . . . .
I also have the issue of actually of being able to save the package when its done, seems to be a known issue that the author is not yet acknowledging. Also, latest version has USB capability removed.
Would be a great tool to speed things up, IF the issues are addressed.
the only games ive gotten to work so far were nfs hp and smash cars. And I downloaded the pkgs somewhere else. This program looks great but doesnt work to well
I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?
Originally Posted by ebuzola
Originally Posted by monstertruck
Could the both of you provide us with a screenshot?
Originally Posted by basketball
Would make things abit more clear.
I took a 2 minute look on this thread just 1 hour ago and thought "Hey..playing from XMB would be sweet...I'll try this.."
I have done 2 games which works without any problems at all. ( I have only tried this on 3.41 JB )
Tutorial for people who are totally clueless like me :rolleyes:
So lets break it down.
1. Start AUTO MOD Tool
2. With PS3SFOEdit you can easily browse the unpacked game and find the PARAM.SPO file there to check the game ID, BLESXXXX/BLUSXXXX etc.
3. Write that into MOD Tool and choose where your EBOOT.BIN is, etc: c:\Utorrent\downloads\BLES40321\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\EB OOT.BIN
4. Now point where the full game folder is, etc c:\Utorrent\downloads\BLES40321\PS3_GAME\
5. Tell MOD Tool which firmware you run on your PS3, etc 3.41 or 3.55
6. Now press Execute
7. Save the PKG on lets say desktop but dont change the name on it, it will look like UP0001-GAMEID_00-0000111122223333.pkg
Next steps after your PKG is compiled and ready.
1. Put the PKG file on a USB memory.
2. Insert USB memory into the PS3
3. Choose Install Package on your PS3
4. After installation, start blackb0x FTP 1.2 on your PS3.
5. Start FTP on your PC ( I recommend FlashFXP for this ) FTP into your PS3 and browse the dev_hdd0\game\BLES40321\USRDIR
As you can see now, by installing the PKG it has created a folder with your game ID and inside that folder and USRDIR you see now a modified EBOOT.BIN
6. Now, from your FTP program, find the game dir on your PC which you made the modified EBOOT.BIN from, copy all content FROM USRDIR on the PC except the old EBOOT.BIN, and transfer them via FTP to the USRDIR folder on the PS3.
After this process the game is installed and is found on XMB.
Hope this little dummy guide helps!
Creds to OP for the good job of the thread. ;)