p3free hexes updated.
now using a cleaner source i made for pl3. still not release ready but here are all the hexes.
not much different from my 1.0c release.. biggest difference is added new firmware support as well i finally included default_payload.
updated the first post.
Thanks tons iLLNESS and modpro for the compiling work you do for us.
Thanks also to patrick's generosity I have a P3Free and Max-pic with programmer. Since my PS3 is permanently stuck on firmware 2.76, I couldn't even use this new hardware till last week when kakaroto added support for v 2.76.
When one of you have a chance would you compile a v2.76 compatible PL3 hex so I can start doing my duty as a tester :cool:
Thanks again for all the time you guys spend doing this!:ups:
no no no,it have LED inside, i think u never try it?
You are right. I hadn't tried it. I was just looking at the pics that show the LEDs on the back.
Originally Posted by patrick
I can now see that it has LEDs in the semi-transparent case. Pretty good design choice. Much better than the old ugly LEDs that stuck out like a sore thumb.:cool:
Anyway I still have no way to use it on the PS3 until either a compatible hex is released by someone here, or I figure out how to compile the PL3 payload.:chinscrat
No where in that zip is there a hex that says it is compiled for PS3 firmware v2.76. It has all other supported versions, but no v2.76.
Originally Posted by patrick
Can I use any one of those hex files from the 10/31/10 commit and it will autodetect that I am running v2.76?
My PS3 NAND is messed up and cannot be updated. I have tried everything currently known to garyopa to try to fix my NAND problems, but none worked.
i moved my p3free section so your links may have broken in the meantime for my release.
PSGrooPIC-iLLNESS-PL3 All available firmwares. Dev/Default/NUS Payloads
commit: Nov 03 2010-753eade44e2eb9fcf2a5
Fix USBRegisterDriver offset for FW 3.15
commit: Oct 31 2010-d60cc7da54cc1be1a9be
copy_from_user and copy_to_user and some ident.
- Based off Kakarotos PL3 Source
- NUS has new no_unauth_syscall: A payload that disables the patch for unauthorized syscalls. This is equivalent to the 'patched mode' of hermes payloads. If you have problems with this NUS PL3 please try using the pkg file located here to fix file permissions so this PL3 can access it.
- dev_payload is like normal default_payload but has peek/poke
- default_payload is recommended for most all users. Use only other payloads if you know what they are for.
- If you are unfamiliar with PL3 payloads, please read around to find out exactly what they are. You can find the commit history here!
i fixed a bug in my source that prevented 2.76 firmware from being created as well so those hexes are there now. commit 753ead only addressed an issue for 3.15 users.
first post updated to reflext new links and latest info
Originally Posted by urbigbro
check this latest release of hexes, it contains a 2.76 build