The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!
ps3 jailbreak and downgrade query from fyygame.com
ps3 jailbreak and downgrade query from fyygame.com –
hello this is my first post so hi to everyone out there and i hope this hasn't gone in the wrong section?
im looking at jailbreaking my ps3 3.55 so ive bought a jailbreak from fyygame.com which includes a downgrade which is apparently needed for 3.55 im waiting on delivery but im worried im going to balls it up or its a con?
does anyone have any advice as in does it work , do you recommend it ect?
im basically looking to back up all my games i think when i bought it it was on 3.42 i know ive had to update it twice to get it to 3.55 ofw
thanks for any help given dont want to brick my ps3!!!:>
Well, you were had. You don't need a dongle anymore. If you want to be on 3.41, Hermes released a 3.41 CFW. Want to stay on 3.55? Then there's the Waninkoko 3.55 CFW and the kmeaw 3.55 CFW. Don't need a dongle for any of them.
ok fair enough so would it not work at all then ?
is there a section i should be looking at there seems to be a lot of info on here not sure which to look at, will any of the above you mentioned help to put my games on the hdd or external hdd so they will play straight from the ps3??
thanks again for your honesty the dongle cost me £13 so ive not lost too much i am worried if i follow ther instructions for downgrade(if its needed) To jail break i might brick the whole thing. i have managed to do my wii and psp in the past so im not a complete novice but i am a bit lost with the ps3?
Well, if you're on 3.55, don't bother downgrading. It can be done, but the 3.55 CFW is just about as compatible as the 3.41 JB w/ a couple of lockup issues here and there. Yes, 3.55 CFW will give you access to playing your backed up games off the internal or a external HDD. I'd say go with 3.55 CFW as it has yet to brick a console. Here is a good set of tutorials to get you started on CFW: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f187/%5B...me-sexy-76406/
thanks for getting back so soon, i appreciate you may be getting loads of messages like this so thanks again for helping! i will read up on the links and see how far i get!
Ooops, when I said go with 3.55 CFW and it has yet to brick a console, I meant to say, go with kmeaw's 3.55 CFW as it has yet to brick a console. Waninkoko's will brick phat consoles with 256MB NAND chips.
thanks again ive got the slim version i have only had it since november last year, hence why im a little hesitant but the wii has been perfect for about 2 years now and its better for the console i believe to play from a hdd i want to use my internal hard drive first to back up my games but having a quick look at the tutorials i may need to buy an external device but i need to read it more!
just confirming im going down the right routes
just confirming im going down the right routes –
looks like i need to buy an external drive so im gonig to buy a 160gb external hd
format it to fat 32 put a ps3 folder on it then inside this another folder "UPDATE" in this the PS3UPDAT.PUP then conect to my ps3 turn on go to settings/system update and update from external usb not live!
im ok with this part so far but on the notes it says this:
NOTE: Black Screens and Disc Read Errors? Try This:
DOWNLOAD THE FIX: mediafire
1. Start Multiman, blackb0x and any FTP server and make a transfer of your backups on the PS3.
2. Start the PS3 PKG Fix File Permissions
how do i start option 1 if my screen goes blank?
if it does will it play games as normal till i work out how to fix this ive downloaded the fix permissions file anyway and also the retail pkgs 3.55 which im thinking is the back up manager.
let me know if im not going the right way!
1. Get a thumbdrive and put the 3.55 kmeaw's firmware on it like you described above (x:\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP).
2. Install it via recovery
3. Have your external ready for backups. Format it as FAT32 (google fat32format, gparted live cd, swissknife, hiren's boot cd (has HDD tools on it), etc). Create a folder called GAMEZ on the HDD. This is where your backups go (the BLES/BLUS/etc folders)
4. Download MultiMan, Rogero, or Gaia as your BM from their respective threads. You'll want a copy signed for 3.55
5. If you're FTPing games to your internal HDD, get the fixpermissions.pkg from the first post in the Rogero thread. Run fixpermissions.pkg everytime you FTP anything to your internal HDD (not needed if using an external unless you get a blackscreen issue. Then it's worth running once to fix the permissions or check PS Jailbreak Compatibility List - Home to see if what you're loading is even compatibile).
6. Load up your BM and select the game you want to play. Say no to direct boot if you're using MultiMan. This will dump you back to the XMB
7. If the game is compatible w/ diskless booting, goto /app_home/PS3_GAME and wait a second on it. It should change to the game you selected in the BM. Press X to start
8. If the game needs a disk in the drive, put any PS3 game into your PS3 and then goto the disk icon in the Game XMB. It should have turned into the game you just loaded in the BM. Press X to load it.
just checking in! –
hi hope you dont mind just wanted to let you know what ive done so far so i know im not going wrong.
so i used my thumbstick and updated the cfw kmeaw 3.55 and did this through the stick. my system says v3.55 and i have two new folders */app_homeps3_game/
*install package files
currently im downloading the multiman and i have chosen this file :
multiMAN ver 1.14.00 MEGA [20110125_160000].rar (218.46 MB) (+33 themes)
For FW 3.40-3.55
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
its the biggest package but i thought might as well get it all while im in the process!
im going to copy the download directly to the thumbdrive and plug it in the ps3 and load the package files from the game area.
this is about as far as i can go at the moment as im waiting for my new external hdd to be delivered, apparently its set up for ps3 use.
my thumbdrives too small for games back up
im guessing i can still launch my games normally after installing multiman while im waiting for my external or i might try to get them on the internal but i need to read up a little more.
hope this sounds ok and once again thanks for listening!