Sparkfun USB BitWhacker PTH (self Assembled)
Any chance of getting "PSGrooPIC1.5_BTL-ok_20MHz_C0_C1_MCLR_compiled_by_MP" (Hermes) or similar for Sparkfun USB 32BitWhacker 18F2553 PTH (self Assembled) kit board? I tried the editing the file for the 24MHz commercial board and it did not work for me... Any help greatly appreciated.
Pic18f2550 pic programmer Tutorial 100% tested and working MetalPhreak's Version
1) Make a jdm2 pic programmer using this best schematic that I've found > http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/a...a/MAKETHIS.png and put them on the a breadboard. *Connect pin 26 to ground in order for it to be successfully programmed.
If u need help on the breadboarding , take a look at the following 2 exampls. http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/a...eleva/jdm2.png , http://i963.photobucket.com/albums/a...breadboard.jpg and try to come out a with a breadboard design
*Note I've only tested the first schematic, the schematic in the example is not tested by me so i dont know if it will work or not. Just follow my tutorial if u dont want any problems.
Things to buy
Capacitor Electrolytic 100uF 16VDC x1
Capacitor 39pf x2
Capacitor 22uF 6.3v x1
Zener Diode 5.1v 0.5Watt x1
Zener Diode 6.2v 0.5Watt x1
Diode 2N3904 x2
Diode 1N4148 x4
Resistor 1.5K x1
Resistor 100 ohms 1/4 w x1
Resistor 10k x1
DB9 Female Connector with Cover
2) After completing the board, download PicPgm programmer to program the chip. http://members.aon.at/electronics/pi...cpgm_v1401.zip. Open the program, press autodetect pic, if u do it correctly, under the message tab, you will see a jdm programmer initialised and pic18f2550 detected message. Download
metalphreaks Bootloader_MCHPFSUSB- BTL-pin28-RB7 20MHz custom by MP.zip and PSGrooPIC1.3_BTL-ok_12MHz_20MHz_C0_B0_B1_MCLR_compiled_by_MP.zip
3) Load the hex from Bootloader_MCHPFSUSB- BTL-pin28-RB7 20MHz custom by MP.zip and program it. If u see a green success message, you're done.
4) Next , breadboard Metalphreaks's schematic , plug the chip in, download PDFSUSB programmer(software for MCHPUSB BTL)
If you build your own board, double check you have solder VUSB pin 14 to GND through a capacitor correctly, if it's not done correctly, you may have BSOD
soft flash for board has MCHPUSB BTL (original or MP's custom one)
1. put it into BTL mode
1a. press the button or bridge the jump(xbox 360 spi usb flasher) or short the jump pin defined in the BTL if you don't have a button/jump
1b. connect it to pc's usb port
1c. you should have a new 'Unknow Device' in device manager if you haven't installed the driver before or a 'Microchip Custom USB Device' if you have installed the driver before. If not, goto 1a.
1d. install the driver (only needed if you haven't installed the driver before.)
1d.1. download Microchip Custom Driver here http://www.box.net/shared/ldi5lv6vaj
1d.2 right click the unknow device, select update driver, point to the driver you downloaded and install
2. download PDFSUSB here http://www.box.net/shared/all6e3kx8i and open it
3. Select the 'PICDEM FS USB 0 (BOOT)' in the dropbox. If there's nothing to select, goto 1c.
4. Load the BTL compatible firmware hex file you want to flash
5. It will error out about config info, you must choose 'Cancel' otherwise your BTL may be messed up
6. The first line of PROGRAM MEMORY in the window should start with 000800, if not, it's a wrong firmware. Go to 'what firmware to use' question.
7. Press 'Program Device'
8. You are good to go, see how to test it on PC and how to test it on PS3
9. Remember to remove the jump if you has it bridged.
Read page 1 for information on testing on PC and PS3.