OBM 1.1.3 Eboot.bin Error Solved - now we need an app
With open manager 1.1.3 we now discover that game that didn’t work now do with move support but discovering that something else has risen up from the shadows and I feel I must inform you, I posted this in the ‘scene news part’ but way too many people asking for compiles and files.
So it’s some great work that went into this app but by activating the patch and the ftp server you see why so many people are having this eboot.bin problem as the attributes of the files and folders that have been ripped or copied from usb using OBM use CHMOD 777 and those of us that used backup manager have variations of this, I point you towards here for more reading;
Next is the picture open manager in ‘patched mode’ via its in-built FTP application viewing in flash fxp
The ones with the 777 attribute works without error perfectly!
So now beckons the task of how to change the files from there source to 777.
- Using OBM copy from PS3 to USB then back again! --- LONG but confirmed working
- Use OBM to backup all the games again --- LONG but nworks
- Use a private ftp server setup on a pc/or an app to change the file permissions then fxp over – won’t work as limitations of FTP app
- Use a private ftp server setup on pc to change attributes then ftp over – I don’t see why that wouldn’t work but the ftp server on the other side needs to write 777 by default.
- FTP in Patch Mode then Transfer game -- works
This is where we need Linux – but if your a coder and could make a lovely app which can get a directory and change the attributes then that would be fun.
Is this why hermes v2 is so ‘destructive?’
Any other suggestions?
quick update i need sleep!
so by my understading this 'fix' should be used very carefuly.. as in DONT backup games or FTP games which dont need 'patch' activated it they wont work with psg1.1
im trying herm1 fork
i feel like there is going to be some shitty menu in the future mode1/mode2/mode3 bleh to get games to work
i wish i didn't have to be like that.
im lucky i didn't do all my games...
tested on racket sports, afrika, batman, resident evil
so no chmod on *.* = no