And this remind me some amaze break/ps3break use 18F2450, and hide the chip identification of them. That's why amaze break doesn't work with these PSGradePIC hexs
Here I have a extended downgrade guide for PIC users (a bit different to AVR/original psjb);
I tested it's working, however the bluray movie playback is not tested.
For you to downgrade 3.50/3.42 system back to 3.41 or lower, a bit complex but still works fine if you follow the instruction and be careful;
If you are in Brisbane I can help you on this while I have time.
* Don't upgrade to 3.55, it's not downgradeable or jailbreak able *
Downgrade firmware: download from first page iLLNESS's post about service mode hexs
[If say it's not ok to link to these files, please
Downgrade support files:
the 2 lv2diag.self
Official 3.15 update file:
MD5 of the update file:54ee80e14e479f8351a988eb9a472072
Official 3.41 update file:
MD5 of the update file:e07d2b84c9e9691c261b73e5f1aada20
Flashing tool for PICDEM BTL users, no cancel anymore,safe to use and simpler
Flashing tool for USBHID BTL users, recompiled with .Net 2 so no need to install huge .net 4, also fixed two bugs
Download flashing tool - Pandora USB
Flashing the PICDEM BTL boards instruction
Flashing PICdragon | PIC18F USB SPI JTAG Dev Boards from Dragon Team
Downgrade a console almost always format the hardrive, so do backup your game saves etc before downgrade.
Use a good USB Pen drive to hold the PS3 firmware, multi partition usb external drive is not recommended.
Put a photo on the usb pen drive /PHOTO/, and check it on the PS3 to make sure the PS3 can read the usb pen drive correctly.
How to enter into service mode
1. Flash the dongle with the downgrade hex
2. Turn the console off completely, insert the dongle into your PS3 system, press power and then quickly the eject button
3. Wait until the System shuts down, or it goes to the xmb, it's ok to manually turn it off.
remove the downgrade dongle, and boot the console again to confirm the system is in service mode. Turn it off.
Q: How I know it's in service mode? Red Big Service Mode on the screen.
How to downgrade in service mode
4. Copy "Lv2diag.self" from "Step 1" folder to your FAT32 formatted USB Pen drive, the usb drive must be clean without any other files
5. Copy official PS3 3.15 Firmware to your USB Pen drive (PS3UPDAT.PUP), put it in the root directory
( here we use the official 3.15 update file, instead of using the modified 3.41 update file, to avoid the BluRay movie playback issue.)
6. insert USB Pen drive to the last/most right side USB Port, (the 2nd or the 4th, depends on your System)
7. Power on the System
The console will appear for black screen for several minutes, but the harddisk activity led is blinking. The power LED is green.
It might take up to 10 minutes, don't turn of the console while do this step before it finishes, it will turn off itself.
8. Wait until the System shuts down, (power LED turned from green to red).
Remove the USB Pen drive..
boot the system, check the system version to see if it does downgraded to the right system version
How to exit service mode
9. Copy "Lv2diag.self" from "Step 2" folder to your FAT32 formatted USB Pen drive, the usb drive must be clean without any other files
10. insert it to the last USB Port, (the 2nd or the 4th, depends on your System), power it on
11. Wait until the System shuts down
12. Power on the System and be happy with your downgraded PS3 3.15
How to upgrade from 3.15 to 3.41
Now you can upgrade the 3.15 system to 3.41 by placing the official 3.41 update file at the usb pen drive
/PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP and update the system via xmb menu Settings->System update->select update via storeage device
Noltari's source compiles fine for me. Haven't tested it out yet.
waiting forward for iLLNESS' PICDEM version of this psgradepic hex :D
Noltari's source is definately working.
Managed to compile it thanks to a tip from MP (my compiler was too old).
So i will likely do some playing around with the source and have some hexes shortly with my usual LED support.
Waiting for your picdem version with bootloader Illness :D Is it gonna be compatible with Mp's custom bootloader? :D
3 hexes compiled by myself are now live on the front page of my thread:
Thanks Noltari for the source!